• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How Much Total Weight do You Carry

Yes it is, I used it extensively thru the summer and used it first week of October in Iowa...love it...its a perfect run and gun pack or day pack in my opinion
I agree, I bought mine Sunday morning and took it that afternoon. Packed my gear inside and strapped LW sticks to outside. Very comfortable and he plenty of room for everything you need for a days hunt.

I agree, I bought mine Sunday morning and took it that afternoon. Packed my gear inside and strapped LW sticks to outside. Very comfortable and he plenty of room for everything you need for a days hunt.
Glad you like it Dwayne...good tool added to your quiver

Tenzing 4000 backpack, kestrel. 16 pack of wildedge stepps and everything else i need, 32lbs. with clothes for cold weather around 37lbs.

I have to weigh my setup, but it is all of +26lbs.
Thermos, book, calls, **** wipe, extra layers... kitchen sink...

I’m just a hair over 15lbs

Mantis
Tethrd linesman and tether
CAYG aider
Mantis recliner
3 24” lonewolfs
2 Cranford folding steps

My Treestand weight 17lbs alone. Saddle hunting for the win.

I'm impressed at the variety of answers in here...I guess I should probably weigh my setup "for real". I've mostly just tried to make as many obvious simplifications and streamlining as possible - with more focus on how things carry than absolute weight. I suppose in streamlined mode I'm 5-15 poundsish depending on climbing method? Heavier if dealing with subzero temps.

I believe demographics and logistics heavily influence what hunters carry on their person and in their packs. Most of my life I had horses and mules. Regardless of where I hunted my pack was light. Things are different now as I carry it all. I live and primarily hunt in Idaho. Those of you that hunt out west know this is big and steep country. I always carry what I need and also a bunch of what I hope I won’t need. My gear is ultra light and of the highest quality but my pack is often 40lbs or more.
I am completely new to this style of hunting and have not used a saddle in the field as of yet. That said, I see huge benefits to the saddle system in this country.
Norkal

Well I learned I carry a lot of stuff. My bring everything pack weighed 29lbs. My fleece hunt lite pack was 17lbs. Add my bow in hand another 6lbs 7oz. I know there are so many places I could shave some weight, but it's not my main consideration. It all packs so nice. I can slip through the woods quiet with everything and the kitchen sink. It does however give me some things to think about as I move forward.

I carry more than I need, but I'd rather carry something I don't end up needing than needing something I didn't carry. My pack and sticks weigh 20-25 pounds depending on season. Over the past two years, I lost 60 pounds of body weight--I don't even notice a 25 pound pack on my back.

I'm at about 25lbs as well with either SRT, Spurs, or one stick with the lwhc as my platform. Packability with these three climbing methods is great.

I can shave a few pounds with SRT only but I always leave the 30ft rope and grigri in my pack for rappelling down with any climbing method. I'd much rather rappel out than mess with any descending method in the dark.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back