• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Trophyline mission

I just clip mine to my pack until i set it. I have a waist belt on my pack so when i take off the shoulder straps i can slide it around and not have to worry about anything dropping. 6 lbs is light enough to clip to your saddle just to climb up the tree imo. I would just worry about it swinging around n clanking into stuff.

I really like mine. Ive had several different platforms n im as content with this as i am with my kestrel. Tip: You get a longer cam if you max out the leveling bolt. This really gets it tight...And its enough lean to help your ankles but not not too much that you cant turn around or stand up.

It took a lot of buying n trying and tweaking but im finally more comfortable in a saddle than i was in my summit.

Would someone with a Mission platform post a measurement of how thick the cast platform is? I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.

Hit it with caliper, it varies, but anywhere between 1.05 and 1.07".

Thanks a million! I guess that's why I keep hearing that it's such a rigid platform...according to my measurements it's thicker than my Lone Wolf treestands.

I'll probably pick one up, appreciate the feedback.

Has anyone used a ratchet strap yet instead of buckle it comes with? I couldn't get it tight enough the weekend as it cut into the tulip poplar I was on. It is such an aggressive locking platform it was digging over 1/2 inch into the tree and slipped a couple times. When I did get it to lock in properly, HOLY CRAP that thing is awesome!!!

I think the tree I was in was to small for the strap to work correctly. I have played around with the strap in the backyard and she locks down hard everytime. If this hurricane stays away I will be back in the woods with weekend and will test again.

I think the tree I was in was to small for the strap to work correctly. I have played around with the strap in the backyard and she locks down hard everytime. If this hurricane stays away I will be back in the woods with weekend and will test again.
You definitely have to make sure its tight on a smaller tree

Oh yeah, I thought it was solid, moved a little and had some pucker factor. I might get a ratchet strap for smaller trees. Although in the saddle you don't drop like you do in a climber when you slip.

Man I love this thing. The platform is level with the ground. Took three tries (user error) but I got comfy. In case it’s hard to tell, I’m about 2 feet to the right of the base of the tree on a curve.

I carry the mission up with a girth hitched piece of 550 cord and a dano j-hook. This paired with 4 WE steps and a knaider swaider is killer. 10 lbs and some change to reach 20 feet (to my platform). I think this is the best combo I’ve found so far for warm weather hunting. Maybe cold, too.

80209742b1dfce133546de961d352084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I got mine and even with the larger size, I have been able to strap it with my pack strap and a bungee to my backpack. I will say it is so stable and easy to put up and move around on, just make sure you properly cam it to the tree.

Agreed, I am running a horn hunter G3 pack and I attach it side ways to the gun straps. It is not as wide as the pack. It has been hairy caming it on a 4 inch poplar, but it works and it is so stable. I wear a size 14 boot and can't imagine using a smaller platform. I even sat on it for a few minutes last Friday to test it out.

I saw a review on the Mission. he mentioned that he was going to take off the buckle and use a timber hitch. Is anyone else doing this?

I saw a review on the Mission. he mentioned that he was going to take off the buckle and use a timber hitch. Is anyone else doing this?
Not using a timber hitch but the same buckleless method i use on my sticks. Just tether in, and stand on top on the post before cam over and its just as tight as using buckle

Back