• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Sika Hunting

I grew up in Dorchester, and still hunt it. I actually only eat sika now, and the few whitetail I get is donated to MD Feed The Hungry. I know that’s not what everyone wants to hear, but..ummm…shrug emoji. They are very tough with a bow, and normally the rut is pretty short, that said they do get dumb during the rut. I have heard some rumors about “what they like”, first tome I have heard jolly ranchers or life savers. Last couple of years the big thing was alfalfa. Bought bails of it, and watched four to five lay down in it before shooting light one morning, never saw any feeding on it all year. We have seen an increase in young ones this year. More than we have seen on our 4 farms in probably 5-7 years. Unfortunately, I am moving about 3 weeks after bow season opens. Maybe I’ll connect before I leave?

Back