• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Cruzr XC bridge prusik damaged?

Wehttam

I just got my Cruzr XC saddle last week. My second time practicing in the backyard, I noticed one of the Prusik knot ropes attaching the Amsteel bridge to the saddle itself looks frayed/cut. Anyone have any thoughts on this being damage as opposed to the way it’s manufactured/designed? Some seem to think it’s the buried ends of the rope but it seems too frayed for that. Also, the rope between the two frays/ends is a smaller diameter, making me think the material may have been damaged. I reached out to Cruzr yesterday but no response yet9A87BE21-9EE5-4E38-9442-7E462C5D1EDF.jpeg86CA473B-82A8-43D3-B957-6A74255895A3.jpegA3F19C48-180E-4323-B1C3-2A97A2DEE710.jpeg

get a blunt probe and count the number of strands in an undamaged portion

then repeat this around the suspect area only counting intact strands on the outside

if the count is the same, then it is the buried ends emerging most likely

i had one of these and it looked about the same but not quite as extreme

i was able to push the frayed ends back in a bit and see that they emerged from within the outer amsteel

Looks like just the ends are sticking out. Look like 2 different diameters on there where the frayed spots are. I don’t think any big issue there. But you could call cruzr

Does look like the buried ends coming out. Common on amsteel when buried like that. My first saddle bridge did the same thing. Have seen quite a few posts on here with peoples concerns about it.

Mine looks like this too.

get a blunt probe and count the number of strands in an undamaged portion

then repeat this around the suspect area only counting intact strands on the outside

if the count is the same, then it is the buried ends emerging most likely
I like this idea

Maybe try to taper them more before reinserting, or try milking the outside back over them before using other methods.

Maybe try to taper them more before reinserting, or try milking the outside back over them before using other methods.

good call....if he milks them, he'll probably watch those frayed ends disappear for a time and that should instill some confidence

I just got my Cruzr XC saddle last week. My second time practicing in the backyard, I noticed one of the Prusik knot ropes attaching the Amsteel bridge to the saddle itself looks frayed/cut. Anyone have any thoughts on this being damage as opposed to the way it’s manufactured/designed? Some seem to think it’s the buried ends of the rope but it seems too frayed for that. Also, the rope between the two frays/ends is a smaller diameter, making me think the material may have been damaged. I reached out to Cruzr yesterday but no response yetView attachment 69298View attachment 69299View attachment 69300
Those look like the ends of the bury. It won’t hurt anything, it’s just annoying to look at. Looks like they didn’t taper the bury end when splicing it

Those look like the ends of the bury. It won’t hurt anything, it’s just annoying to look at. Looks like they didn’t taper the bury end when splicing it

how would you confirm it now if you were him? my suggestion was counting strands that aren't damaged using a small poker that won't damage the amsteel

how would you confirm it now if you were him? my suggestion was counting strands that aren't damaged using a small poker that won't damage the amsteel
You could slack the outer cover and pull the strands then try to milk the bury back in. If it is tapered though it might make the issue worse. If it was damaged threading it wouldn’t pull at all, but from the size difference, I agree with Brocky, that is the bury and it’s not a cause for concern

Same issue on a friend’s Cruzr saddle. He freaked out when he got the saddle out of the package. Based on what I saw was just the bury ends. I explained it to him he was better after that.

038CC628-7764-49F6-A885-AA58C41FD913.jpeg

Companies offering an amsteel bridge should really include a PSA addressing this, I'd assume it would be worth it to them rather than answering e-mails and phone calls.

Mine did that. The guys are right just the buried ends sticking out. I took a pencil point and tucked them back no problem. That was 2 years ago and I'm gonna start my 3d season with that XC.

Back