• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Bow show off thread

View attachment 72074

On the left:

Mathews V3X 33
65 lbs, 29 in draw
Trophy Ridge Fix 3 pin (I'll probably replace it soon)
QAD HDX
Beereal grip
CBE Torx Micro 10/8 stabs

On the right:

Mathews V3X 29
65 lbs, 29 in draw
Spot Hogg Hogg-It 3 pin
Trophy Ridge Kill Shot
Beereal grip
CBE Torx Hunter 11/7.5 stabs

I'm using both this season. 29 for the saddle and ground hunting, 33 for the hang-on.
Do you make the holders for the bows that are on the wall or are they called something? I like that

hokiehunter, those look like guitar holders. Can be purchased at any "Guitar Center" or similar music store you have around you. They're generally about $6-$15 each depending upon where you buy them.

Bow Pic.jpeg

Bowtech SR350
Black Gold - Dual Track 2pin
Joey's Bowstrings
Ripcord Cage Micro Rest
Tight Spot Rise
AAE Mountain Series bars mounted on Shrewd Mounts
Easton Axis 4mm
AAE Hybrid 4 fletch
Sevr 1.5 broadhead
Ultraview Hinge 2

I guess I’ll play:
Bowtech Realm SS
HHA optimizer lite sight
HHA Virtus drop away
HHA Terra stabilizer
Kwikee kwiver w/foam mod
Black Eagle carnivores w/ Ethics inserts and Sevr/Iron Will broadheads, Nockturnals and AAE Max Steath Vanes
4BAC58A4-884D-422A-9C96-D28300DF39D8.png

a682acacea803cb6dca60f3e94e238bb.jpg

9e3faf9fead1eb6edd8051c388ef6c7f.jpg

2012 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT
68 lbs
29”

458 g RIP TKO @274 fps

I just can’t bring myself to get rid of it. It’s been a great bow for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did you switch to a different cam? For more speed or was it something where you couldn't find repacement etc.?
I bent mine on the 3d course a week before the season. Curiosity sent me down this road but as a bonus a 26" z7 cam cost a lot less than a hard to find secondhand 28" sbxt cam and it's a bit faster. A guy on archerytalk has done several of these and talked me through it. Pretty cool imo.

I bent mine on the 3d course a week before the season. Curiosity sent me down this road but as a bonus a 26" z7 cam cost a lot less than a hard to find secondhand 28" sbxt cam and it's a bit faster. A guy on archerytalk has done several of these and talked me through it. Pretty cool imo.
That is very cool. How did you know what string and cable length to use for your draw length etc. I'm very intrigued with this. Looks great btw!!

And the diameter idler wheel for the top of your solocam still worked for that? That is very cool!!!

That is very cool. How did you know what string and cable length to use for your draw length etc. I'm very intrigued with this. Looks great btw!!
I'm not exactly sure how it's calculated but he has it figured out for both the switchback and the xt. 89" compared to 87 3/4". Cable stays the same. Cam used is 2" shorter to achieve same draw length 26" = 28". All of this is beyond me, I'm glad he figured it out haha. Top limb and idler wheel are the same.

I'm not exactly sure how it's calculated but he has it figured out for both the switchback and the xt. 89" compared to 87 3/4". Cable stays the same. Cam used is 2" shorter to achieve same draw length 26" = 28". All of this is beyond me, I'm glad he figured it out haha. Top limb and idler wheel are the same.
Cool, is there a timing mark on that cam so you get the brace position correct on it for level nock travel etc? How was it to tune?

Cool, is there a timing mark on that cam so you get the brace position correct on it for level nock travel etc? How was it to tune?
There’s timing hole is the hole closest to the riser. I put two twists in the cable to get it dead center. From the picture it looks a little off but it’s the angle of the photo. I haven’t shot it through paper yet. I just put a bunch of arrows into my target from 5 feet to make sure my limbs held up haha. I removed between 1/16 and 1/8 an inch from the inside of each limb to clear the wider cam. In a couple weeks I’ll set it up properly and get it tuned but I don’t anticipate any troubles with it at this point.

Is your sight new too? I'm in the market and considering that one, looks like an acxel rgeotech HD

Awesome bow too! I just got a solution SS

Is your sight new too? I'm in the market and considering that one, looks like an acxel rgeotech HD

Awesome bow too! I just got a solution SS

I’ve had the sight for the past year. I believe it’s the armortech. It’s the 5 pin version. I’ve had spott Hogg, hha, and black gold before and the Axcel is my favorite.

I’ve had the sight for the past year. I believe it’s the armortech. It’s the 5 pin version. I’ve had spott Hogg, hha, and black gold before and the Axcel is my favorite.
Might be armortech, thanks!

This will be my bow setup for the '23 season. I'll be shooting 3D with it, until the season opens in Sept. :cool:
Hoyt Satori 19" riser with short Uukha Gobi limbs, at 45# and overall length of 60".
On a digital scale, the draw weight is 44.3# at my 28" DL.
Easton Axis 400 arrows with 75 gr. half out inserts and 150 gr. tip weights. 5" 3 fletch.
Satori 4.jpg

Back