• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Low Down Hunting Seat

jgleas114

SH Member
I know this is a saddle forum but sometimes you have to adapt to the situation. Does anyone have experimented the following ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one, it works good and it's comfortable but you need something to strap it to. The Amazon hammock seats are just as comfortable and a bit quieter, at least with the material on the one I got.
The Amazon one's buckle that straps around the tree sucks though so plan on replacing that if you go that route.

Last edited:
May as well tether in and sit in ur saddle at ground level....pretty much the same thing

I can't speak for everyone but I end up swinging around and moving more doing this. In a dedicated ground seat, if I need to move for a better shot, I can just stand up without being attached to the tree. It just seems like there's a lot less movement involved when archery hunting on the ground with a dedicated ground seat.

How low do you want to go? I'm really intrigue by the shallow in ground blind method but love the views from the tree too much. Someday that might change and I'll be tearing my garage looking for my old Army folding shovel.

How low do you want to go? I'm really intrigue by the shallow in ground blind method but love the views from the tree too much. Someday that might change and I'll be tearing my garage looking for my old Army folding shovel.

You gonna dig a 2-3' hole every time you wanna go hunt? That's dedication right there.

I have the Amazon version. It works but you have to have an ideal tree in the spot you want to setup. It’s kind of noisy to pack if you want to move. That’s kind of the advantage of the JX3. You can be 20 feet up, on the ground, or just strapped to a tree at ground level.

I do that all the time....with some good cover and rake out the leaves around the base of the tree u can sit and maneuver quiet....leave the biner gate open so u can easy unclip if u think u may need to move more than tether allow
I do this a lot too. Especially if I'm covering a lot of ground and just need to rest and there's nothing to sit on. I'll just hook up to a tree to rest my legs a bit, even taken lunch breaks this way while scouting. Been plenty of times where a tree wasn't the best option, so I just tethered in on the ground.

I am considering a pacseat for those spots that require being on the ground, but do not have trees to hide behind/lean against.

I haven't fully refined yet but my dedicated ground hunt system is leaf suit, short tether and bare saddle, and some sort of turkey backpack with those drop down legs. I slowly piecing together. If there's trees available I can sit the saddle, no trees then lay/lean on the turkey legs....just have to be ready/hear them coming to be positioned to shoot a bow......im pretty sure the pacseat and jx3 are better options but I don't wanna spend that much money

Back