• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JX3 one stick

Rutman

SH Member
I just placed an order for JX3 wide top one stick. My plans are to add a harken cam cleat and ditch the rope cleat that comes on it. Just curious if anyone has done this mod before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd try it with the zigzag cleat it comes with. I use it to one stick as is, and it's easy and quick. You wouldn't think it's as fast as it is, but it really is.

I'd try it with the zigzag cleat it comes with. I use it to one stick as is, and it's easy and quick. You wouldn't think it's as fast as it is, but it really is.

Are you changing the way you thread the rope through the zigzag cleat at all compared to normal usage?

Are you changing the way you thread the rope through the zigzag cleat at all compared to normal usage?

I don't run the rope around the post, and haven't had an issue.

2nd this. I do wrap it around the post though. For context I came from a cam cleat 1-stick and have no desire to mod this stick to that style.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I was thinking about putting a cam cleat on that stick but after trying their cleat i changed my mind. It works very well. It is my favorite one stick because the top bar is so solid and comfortable.

2nd this. I do wrap it around the post though. For context I came from a cam cleat 1-stick and have no desire to mod this stick to that style.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I probably will start wrapping around their post like you are. Some of the videos out there don't show it, but the instructions do. I haven't seen any slip, but you never know. It takes maybe 3 seconds to zigzag the rope on the cleat. I'm not going to alter the stick to save a couple seconds and add moving parts.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 064804.png

3538dc45e9cfff55b4417095a523a11d.jpg

Much better with a cam cleat that the zig zag, imo.

Back