• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Could be Raynaud’s disease…causes the arteries to spasm in the cold. I have vasospasm issues in my hands and feet and it really sucks.
My symptoms are different than what I have seen for Raynaud's. When my hands start getting cold which happens easily, they start turning red, not pale or blue. Its the whole hand too not just fingers. Dont have symptoms related to re-warming them either. But I also havent seen a dr for it either.

Old news or not, thx for sharing. One of the best product posts on the thread. Just ordered 5. 3 for the vehicle glove boxes 2 for my packs. Until this year have been able to manage long sits without one. Guess that says I'm getting old...

Discount code "FREE".
Just piss of your stand. There is no need for a bottle. I thought everyone knew this by now.

Just piss of your stand. There is no need for a bottle. I thought everyone knew this by now.
Everyone thinks it's ok but not this old school hunter. The way I look at it, the pee might not bother a deer, or it may, but I'm not finding out. I have one strict rule that I never break when deer hunting and that is to do everything in my power to stay invisible to the deer I'm hunting. Even if the urine doesn't spook deer, it still "ALERTS" them and I don't want anything to tip the odds in their favor. Not letting a deer know that there is something underfoot is always better than showing them that something is out of place in their home turf. Btw I'm looking at my 47th season coming up this year if by God's grace I live so long. lol.

Everyone thinks it's ok but not this old school hunter. The way I look at it, the pee might not bother a deer, or it may, but I'm not finding out. I have one strict rule that I never break when deer hunting and that is to do everything in my power to stay invisible to the deer I'm hunting. Even if the urine doesn't spook deer, it still "ALERTS" them and I don't want anything to tip the odds in their favor. Not letting a deer know that there is something underfoot is always better than showing them that something is out of place in their home turf. Btw I'm looking at my 47th season coming up this year if by God's grace I live so long. lol.
I'm guessing you dont make mock scrapes and pee in them? That is where my thoughts on peeing from the stand changed. Having bucks take over mock scrapes I peed in was the end of toting a bottle. Since then I have never observed a negative reaction from a deer to peeing off the stand but have had a number of deer come in that were obviously scenting the urine. If it alerts them into bow range, I'm ok with that. ;)

New swaros. Will tell you the name of the bird or animal you are looking at.
View attachment 99032
Can it tell me the name of divorce lawyers too? Because I'll need that feature if I never buy one. I know we all spend money how we see fit and good quality optics are worth it. But arghhh my heart hurts looking at that price.

Back