• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

my new gear will be making my one-stick setup/rappel into a 2TC setup... with the one stick as my platform.

sighting in and tuning my bow to shoot 100gr broads + 75gr adapter.

also maybe figuring out if I should have waders, hip boots, or rubber boots? I have stocking foot waders which was a good idea in theory, but proving not as useful as a straight bootfoot wader since my normal-wear RAT boots are snug.... I dont have hip boots. and rubber boots... idk, i'm not crazy about them. but something I could throw on over my boots to trek thru swamps/marshes would be super helpful.

debating investing in more cell cams but the subscription plan costs are stupid. and SpyPoints are trash. and really, i have proven myself, again and again, to have the unique ability to consistently point cameras at that the most fallow, unused, and dead areas of the woods.

You’re still rocking the full LW 3-steppers, right?
Have you considered the Novixminis or LWCG single-step ones? The price tag sucks on LWCG but the sticks are light and close to the OG style.
I used the LWCG long single steps last season.
I have 4 of the 17" LWCG single step sticks. They weigh 7lbs 4oz ready to hunt.
I ordered 4 of the Novix 2 step, single step sticks. A set of 4 weigh 6lbs 2oz on my scale with daisy chains.
Yes I know I have become a gear addict.

I used the LWCG long single steps last season.
I have 4 of the 17" LWCG single step sticks. They weigh 7lbs 4oz ready to hunt.
I ordered 4 of the Novix 2 step, single step sticks. A set of 4 weigh 6lbs 2oz on my scale with daisy chains.
Yes I know I have become a gear addict.
If I was going to use more than one stick, I think I would be leaning either towards the arsenal sticks or the new TL sticks. I havent seen anything about the TL sticks that would keep them from being my first choice. I know the standoff is a little short for some folks but I only wear an 11 boot so I dont think it would be an issue for me.

They are late. Maybe they are lowering the price to a reasonable one last minute

You gotta wait until President’s Day, 4 July, Black Friday, etc for that.

I’m just curious if it’s anything really special they’re launching.

Not the most flattering launch considering criticism their previous frame is like a backboard. Hope they show the rest of the thing soon, and that it isn’t indeed a backboard.

Hummm, that’s super interesting since Aaron and Jason Hariston had beef. Aaron hated the Kifaru frame.

Caldwell has a new chrono too. It should be released this spring.

Back