• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Ouch 500 for a frame!! Think I will keep my k3. I would buy a k4 before that.

I’m not so hung up on price. They’ll go on sale.

I’m mostly concerned about how well it moves with the user. It looks a bit rigid, torsionally. But, it’ll surely resist buckling better than the K4, not that it’s an issue for me.

I do like the Kifaru ventilation better.

K4 comes with horizontal lashing, and I think it’s included in the weight, which is nice. But the ARK puts Kifaru in the mix with the popular UL frames.

For me, the old Kifaru belt has been lights out. K4 is nice, but so far I get some slip.

I’m reserving judgement, I think it competes.

Last edited:
And what’s the KUIU pro frame and suspension come in at?

Funny, I never put that one on a scale. My brother has it and I could. But I think the Seek frame is the lightest.

There are other CF Frames that don’t get talked about much. Initial Assent, AKEK, some others.

Funny, I never put that one on a scale. My brother has it and I could. But I think the Seek frame is the lightest.

There are other CF Frames that don’t get talked about much. Initial Assent, AKEK, some others.
Kuiu site says 11 oz and 14.28 oz but I’ve never weighed mine.

I used the LWCG long single steps last season.
I have 4 of the 17" LWCG single step sticks. They weigh 7lbs 4oz ready to hunt.
I ordered 4 of the Novix 2 step, single step sticks. A set of 4 weigh 6lbs 2oz on my scale with daisy chains.
Yes I know I have become a gear addict.
Yeah didn’t need my help then lol.
Sir, what you need is a more frequent schedule of visits to the support thread.
And I say that as a friend.

The weight savings is in your wallet, its 20% lighter

It’s only 10% lighter on the wallet than a DL, so you’re actually getting more return on weight savings.

But, compared to other vendors’ models…

Last edited:
Back