• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 3 Thread

Well that didn’t go as planned. He mule kicked real hard and I thought I heard him crash. Acted like any deer I’ve shot that’s piled up 50 yards away. Turns out he’s gone 300+ yards onto the neighboring timber company that is impossible to get in touch with. Guess I should’ve kept pouting after all.

I’ve left a message to a number that may be theirs and will drive by again and see if anyone’s at the lease tomorrow to get permission to search with a dog.

5ce88a7b4b5ba6ca650a3f07ad0b51f8.jpg

ff6a37f8d1725c36a69fc9201bf295e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that didn’t go as planned. He mule kicked real hard and I thought I heard him crash. Acted like any deer I’ve shot that’s piled up 50 yards away. Turns out he’s gone 300+ yards onto the neighboring timber company that is impossible to get in touch with. Guess I should’ve kept pouting after all.

I’ve left a message to a number that may be theirs and will drive by again and see if anyone’s at the lease tomorrow to get permission to search with a dog.

5ce88a7b4b5ba6ca650a3f07ad0b51f8.jpg

ff6a37f8d1725c36a69fc9201bf295e7.jpg

Shoot man, he's a dandy! Hoping it works out for ya!

Where you located, and can't wait for the pictures! Congrats

South Alabama. End of January into February is our “peak” rut. I went full on thp calling sequence kicking around and rattling and stomping and all the crap they do sometimes and whadda yah know he came moseying in 10 minutes after. Was just a heck might as well do something at 12:30 while it’s 73 out instead of swat mosquitos and it worked, outside of the shot execution I guess.

I’m heading out this afternoon. It’s been awhile since I’ve picked up my bow in search of horns for myself. I’ve got a small front pushing in, plenty of yellow magnets on the ground, and the right wind. The rut is winding down, and it’s going to get in the 30’s tonight. After 5-6 days of weather in the 60’s and rain, I am hoping they are on their feet filling their bellies, or chasing tail. High hopes and low expectations.

I’ve been in the tree for 2 hours. I’ve yet to see a deer. There is a 40 acre clear cut to my left, and a creek bottom on the back side of the food plot. Both spots are bedding areas, I’m just hoping one of the mature bucks I have on camera moves before dark. The wind is dead in my face, at about 15 mph. It’s getting pretty cool out here. Hopefully that means they will want to eat.
d5eb1358eba2fc5dda1aa4af009ae41c.jpg

Well fellas, season closed in Wisconsin today and I finished it off in a tree. Unfortunately, the deer did not cooperate and I got skunked. I was really hoping to put another 5 points (or more) on the board during late season but I saw a grand total of 0 deer while hunting in January this year. What a difference a year makes.

Time to hang up the hunting bow and start slinging arrows through the target bow.

Thanks for the great team camaraderie this year!

lol, Jake from THP is actually my second cousin on my dad’s side. That tactic has never worked for me in Wisconsin.

That’s pretty cool. My brother started rattling a few years ago and has had some bucks come in and I rattled a nice one in last year I didn’t get a shot at. Went nuts this year with the ground noise and raking and grunting and honestly was a little out of breath after. It worked but I didn’t do my part well enough to drop him close. I think it’s all a matter of getting lucky and a deer being in the area. You can’t call anything in that isn’t around to hear your calling.

Back