• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Surprised to hear this. Thousands of whitetails have fallen to this head.

Oh I was surprised too. They came highly recommended from several sources. Like I said, maybe I got a bad or counterfeit batch. I would have gotten them locally but all I can ever seem to find around here is 100 grain heads, in ANY brand/configuration.

I believe someone on archery talk did mention these heads are now made in China. No clue if that's the case or not. I didn't keep the packaging for mine.

BT

Oh I was surprised too. They came highly recommended from several sources. Like I said, maybe I got a bad or counterfeit batch. I would have gotten them locally but all I can ever seem to find around here is 100 grain heads, in ANY brand/configuration.

I believe someone on archery talk did mention these heads are now made in China. No clue if that's the case or not. I didn't keep the packaging for mine.

BT

Just wanted to follow up on this, I found the thread I was thinking of. Not sure if I can link another forum here so I'll just paraphrase. Apparently a company called GSM bought NAP in early 2019 and moved all production to China. So it says, anyways.

If you search "are NAP Thunderheads made in china" it comes up as one of the first results.

BT

Just wanted to follow up on this, I found the thread I was thinking of. Not sure if I can link another forum here so I'll just paraphrase. Apparently a company called GSM bought NAP in early 2019 and moved all production to China. So it says, anyways.

If you search "are NAP Thunderheads made in china" it comes up as one of the first results.

BT

thunderhead nitro clearly advertises “made in USA”

thunderhead lacks this statement

More on the ARK

I just got around to looking at that vid. The new frame will save me 2oz over the Duplex Lite. I am not going to get one just yet,:).
The redesign appears to me as a way for Kifaru to reduce their warranty costs.

I just got around to looking at that vid. The new frame will save me 2oz over the Duplex Lite. I am not going to get one just yet,:).
The redesign appears to me as a way for Kifaru to reduce their warranty costs.

Yeah, Aaron walking the weight difference back to only a couple of oz is a big disappointment to me.

I still think the alleged improvements in torsional movement and comfort of the foam will make for a better performance compared to the DL. And I think probably that’s at the heart of the design.

Personally, the DL frame is more stable on me than the K4, but the lightweightness of the K4 is noticeable and overall it’s really nice.

So, I’m going to try a K3 bag on my DL and see how that goes. Should save over a pound. Arrived today.

Last edited:
Yeah, Aaron walking the weight difference back to only a couple of oz is a big disappointment to me.

I still think the alleged improvements in torsional movement and comfort of the foam will make for a better performance compared to the DL. And I think probably that’s at the heart of the design.

Personally, the DL frame is more stable on me than the K4, but the lightweightness of the K4 is noticeable and overall it’s really nice.

So, I’m going to try a K3 bag on my DL and see how that goes. Should save over a pound. Arrived today.

Well, it won’t save me over a pound. The Exo bag is about 1/4 pound heavier than what’s advertised. The irony.

Will have to see what I think about it when loaded with hunting gear.

IMG_6842.jpeg

That’s bad?

Mystery Ranch and its team will continue to operate out of Bozeman, Montana, and will work to integrate with Yeti over the next few months.”

Well, not quite Yeti.

Only bad for the price I am sure

I'm really liking the look of these 8mm Samson Predator ropes now available on Hang free.

Dang when did samson start making predator in 8mm? I need to find the specs on it.

Back