• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 4

Turns out I could have upgraded my buck. I came out in the afternoon from the morning hunt. Decided to run back out and sit. I had my saddle on but decided not to climb because it was so late and didn’t want to get busted climbing. Turns out I would have had time before this rascal came birddoggin by. He’s one of only a few 10 points that have been taken off the property in the 15 years these guys have had the lease. Needless to say there were some quietly sour folks that the Colorado boy killed him. He has stickers coming off the backs of both brows but they don’t make an inch. Definitely the nicest deer I’ve gotten down here in the land of funky horned little deer IMG_7023.jpeg
Even better, I had my nephew down and he killed his first deer. I wish this 10 would have walked out in front of him.
]

If you had your saddle on when you killed the buck that may be all that is required for the contest. You don't have to be elevated. You may have to be tethered in. I'm not sure. Check with the mods.

From the sound of it, or lack there of you and I are the only two left hunting and don’t think it will matter point wise. not to mention I did not take a pic of him with my saddle since I didn’t think it would count.

Well, it looks like the contest is officially concluded. Congrats to team 11! Not too bad for us on team 4 coming in third. It's been a pleasure being on the team with y'all this year. Here's to a great off season and an even better season this upcoming year!

Off season? Post season scouting and turks are right around the corner. Also, you have plenty of piggies down there don't you?

We did pretty well. Crazy to see in the final results thread that we were only a deer and some bone shy. Congrats to all of you that were successful and for the rest of you lurkers, get in the game and put some meat in the freezer next year, LOL.

Off season? Post season scouting and turks are right around the corner. Also, you have plenty of piggies down there don't you?

We did pretty well. Crazy to see in the final results thread that we were only a deer and some bone shy. Congrats to all of you that were successful and for the rest of you lurkers, get in the game and put some meat in the freezer next year, LOL.
Ha, yeah "off season" was a misnomer. I'm still after piggies, I have a short time off between small game and the start of turkey season when I can't hunt them, then turkey season starts during which time I will be after both turkeys and piggies and scouting a lot. There is hardly a day per year when I am not doing some sort of hunting or hunting related activity, even if that is just a shot or two with the bow in the yard.

Yeah, the team did pretty well this season. We kept 11 and 7 on their toes for sure. It was a good season.

Back