• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 4

Hey All!

Excited to be on team four. I'm going to have to get rid of my team four logo from last year.

Last year I took an 8 pt from my saddle. Hoping to do the same or better this year.

I'm going to hit it early in October. I have a big project at work from Oct 22 to Nov 4 then I'm hitting hard again.

Stoked for this year!

last year I had a nice 9 point 25 yards in my saddle, he was on my weak side behind brush and when he popped out was straight quartering away...I didn't take the shot but had pictures of him up until March so as long as a bear or disease hasn't gotten him, I should see him again hopefully....I was camping Friday and Saturday and waisted almost the whole trip scouting a new property that I think I found a good area away from pressure that is super thick, so not a total waste of time. I helped a hunter track two deer in jersey on same trip you have to earn a buck tag in Nj in September. He shot a doe and a buck right after, was baiting on state land, and both deer were unrecoverable...hate to see hunters like that in the woods. He blamed it on his broadhead while I was trying to tell him the angle from his ladder stand on a 15-yard shot needed to be higher...to each their own...hate to see that kind of stuff happening. Good luck everybody and let's get after it.

If you haven't seen the trash talk thread, I busted up a pretty nice mulie at home in CO already, but didn't get him out of the saddle. I couldn't let this guy walk, especially as close to a road as he was. Its too bad because he would have counted as an 11 pt. Last year I was patient and shot a smaller mulie out of the saddle to start the team off strong. There is a chance its the only mulie ever taken in CO out of a saddle, LOL. We would have won but had a couple controversial deer that didn't count. Glad to see we are starting off strong with a controversial deer this year too, LOL. We just need to win by more than 5 so that it doesnt matter.

Im hunting a Buddys place in Indiana in Nov that hasn't been hunted in at least 20 years since he's owned it and says "there are big bucks all over" so I have high hopes for that, but hard tellin', not knowin'. Then I have my lease in Alabama that's always at least good for does out of a saddle and sometimes a buck to two. Last year my doe spot got filled by an AL buck, if only I could have donated some does to other teammates. If I'm buckless (saddle wise) towards the end of the season and need you use a gun for us to win Im not above it so I should be a fairly decent teammate, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I'll hunt Alabama real late so we will put some points up potentially after a lot of seasons are closed. If the rest of you guys can keep us close hopefully I can clear the bases at the end. Better yet, get out there and let's just blow em out. It would be kinda funny to hold a few good deer back and put up 50 points in the last few days of the contest!

If you haven't seen the trash talk thread, I busted up a pretty nice mulie at home in CO already, but didn't get him out of the saddle. I couldn't let this guy walk, especially as close to a road as he was. Its too bad because he would have counted as an 11 pt. Last year I was patient and shot a smaller mulie out of the saddle to start the team off strong. There is a chance its the only mulie ever taken in CO out of a saddle, LOL. We would have won but had a couple controversial deer that didn't count. Glad to see we are starting off strong with a controversial deer this year too, LOL. We just need to win by more than 5 so that it doesnt matter.

Im hunting a Buddys place in Indiana in Nov that hasn't been hunted in at least 20 years since he's owned it and says "there are big bucks all over" so I have high hopes for that, but hard tellin', not knowin'. Then I have my lease in Alabama that's always at least good for does out of a saddle and sometimes a buck to two. Last year my doe spot got filled by an AL buck, if only I could have donated some does to other teammates. If I'm buckless (saddle wise) towards the end of the season and need you use a gun for us to win Im not above it so I should be a fairly decent teammate, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. I'll hunt Alabama real late so we will put some points up potentially after a lot of seasons are closed. If the rest of you guys can keep us close hopefully I can clear the bases at the end. Better yet, get out there and let's just blow em out. It would be kinda funny to hold a few good deer back and put up 50 points in the last few days of the contest!
I will get another doe before the end of the year. I read the scoring rules after I sent the picture. I will resubmit another doe just so there is no controversy...hahaha or maybe change it to two bucks if I'm fortunate enough this year!!

going to sit tonight hopefully I see this guy View attachment 90927

no **** I am just over the turnpike bridge in new jersey right now in Columbus. you have any decent public that isn't hammered by the amish out there lmao? Jersey is nice you can kill 3 bucks a year if you can!!
Not much good public around in Lancaster. I hunt midstate on the state forest land which also isn’t great hunting.. but we do well in ohio

Hello from the Great White North! Looking forwards to shooting the S*** with you folks here over the next few months!
Archery opens for me on Oct 1st. I head out Moose hunting a week after that. Then I will be all over the place bow, rifle and shotgun hunting.

1695217955151.png

Awesome Mule deer. That is one hell of an accomplishment right there congrats.

In general mulies are much dumber than whitetails. They are fairly good at getting out of bow range but they haven't figured out the rifle thing yet. If you bump them they'll trot out to 100-200 yards and turn around to see what bumped them. They typically dont give you a third chance to kill them tho. Whitetails, at least the ones Ive hunted, just seem to head to the next county if a fly farts. Ive just gotten into hunting whiteys the last 4 years or so and its a whole different game. Hunting in CO my whole life its been a pretty steep learning curve with those sketchy son of a guns.

Back