• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Why don't yall 2TC?

I wouldn't see any reason why it would not work. You'd just have to figure out the procedure for hanging the stand when you get to height, but you could practice that one move off the ground until you get it down pat.
My main tether will be my rappel rope which I would use to pull up the stand once I reach height. My bow will be on my pack which will be on my back. Set the stand, set gear strap, hang pack, hang bow, hunt. Everything should work....I think.

The Premium Elite Pro Kit needs to be offered at an introductory price for pre order, then intentionally drag your feet filling the orders for months all the while people posting "What's up with the Premium Elite Pro Kits?"

My main tether will be my rappel rope which I would use to pull up the stand once I reach height. My bow will be on my pack which will be on my back. Set the stand, set gear strap, hang pack, hang bow, hunt. Everything should work....I think.
That should work. I'd just go up a few feet at first and try it and see if there are any bugs to work out. That should be a pretty streamlined setup.

I wouldn't see any reason why it would not work. You'd just have to figure out the procedure for hanging the stand when you get to height, but you could practice that one move off the ground until you get it down pat.
This scenario is why I have a web foot loop on a carabiner to clip into a hitch rather than using a Blake's like your setup. When you get to height, you can lower the foot loop on the foot tether so you are hanging the stand below the tethers. Once set tend the foot loop hitch up, then move up into position to step into the stand.

The Premium Elite Pro Kit needs to be offered at an introductory price for pre order, then intentionally drag your feet filling the orders for months all the while people posting "What's up with the Premium Elite Pro Kits?"
Don't forget to throw in a recall so people can act like you have good customer service instead of rushed to market products...

I’ve not exclusively 2TC and hunted with a stand but I did have a lock on that I practiced setting up while 2TC and it’s plenty doable you just have to get comfortable hanging it while hanging from your tether. I like to make my move 2-3ft above where the bottom of the stand will be and move my foot tether right below the top tether and let out slack such that the foot loop is below and beside where the bottom of the stand will be by a foot or so. This gives you something to stand on a little if needed and will also make stepping on to the stand easier once it’s hung. You have to be aware of your foot tether if there is a carabiner on it because this is the point where metal on metal can occur if you aren’t paying attention. You can either let us out such that the caribiner is below the stand completely or leave it where the caribiner is a few inches above the bottom of the stand. Feed the strap around and under the foot tether and hang the stand. Step up using the bottom tether foot loop and then move your rope tether to height. Leave the bottom tether there if you want or use it to hang your pack. Something like this is the process I’ve used briefly.

I think I’ve got it guys. The only way to get people to fan boy over 2TC is to require them to buy stuff to try it. No one wants to try something new with old gear they already have laying around. These gear junkies need stuff to buy. We’ve been going about this all wrong. Whenever someone asks what they need to 2TC we need to recommend a bunch of gear first before ever starting.

So let’s make a couple kit lists of things they “have to” buy to 2tc.

Here’s a 11mm set up, I think we need a 8mm set up, maybe CGMs webbing 2TC kit., and CGMs Amsteel 2TC kit as well.

PRO Elite Predator 2TC kit (11mm)
  1. 1x Cgm foot loop
  2. 2x Brand new 8-10ft spliced eye 11mm predator rope tethers
  3. 3x 8mm Samson Ice or Bail out spliced or sew eye to eye hitch chords
  4. 1x Rock Exotica SwivelEye carabiner
  5. 1x Rock exotica pirate wire eye autolocking carabiner
  6. 6. 2x CGM side pouches
  7. 7. 2x hitch tenders
You REALLY NEED 2 CGM footloops.... in case you swap tether positions when passing branches, and for better stability when hanging a heavy treestand. Plus you have better stability if you need to take a shot mid climb!
I'd also throw in my steel spring wire stiffener service which is $100 per tether(since we are making this expensive!)

Last edited:
I think I’ve got it guys. The only way to get people to fan boy over 2TC is to require them to buy stuff to try it. No one wants to try something new with old gear they already have laying around. These gear junkies need stuff to buy. We’ve been going about this all wrong. Whenever someone asks what they need to 2TC we need to recommend a bunch of gear first before ever starting.

So let’s make a couple kit lists of things they “have to” buy to 2tc.

Here’s a 11mm set up, I think we need a 8mm set up, maybe CGMs webbing 2TC kit., and CGMs Amsteel 2TC kit as well.

PRO Elite Predator 2TC kit (11mm)
  1. 1x Cgm foot loop
  2. 2x Brand new 8-10ft spliced eye 11mm predator rope tethers
  3. 3x 8mm Samson Ice or Bail out spliced or sew eye to eye hitch chords
  4. 1x Rock Exotica SwivelEye carabiner
  5. 1x Rock exotica pirate wire eye autolocking carabiner
  6. 6. 2x CGM side pouches
  7. 7. 2x hitch tenders

But I already have all that stuff, isn’t there anything else at all that I can buy so I can finally get started with 2TC?

It’ll be like 2TC and hanging a treestand.

Same as 1 stick climbing and hanging a treestand.

To make hanging a treestand easier, a hook on a gear strap or something like the Genesis 3D Strap Stager can be used.

Come to think of it, we'll need a special type of boots to climb 2TC as well. The toes should have concave rubber tips. $500 a pair at least.

Hey ya’ll, what’s up with the RZR Magnum 2.0 Premium Elite Pro 2TC Kits?

Back