• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Team 8

Well extra congratulations! That's awesome! Public or private? Good story?
Private. Followed some rubs and scrapes into a bottom where creeks intersect between different aged clear cuts. He came in on the 3rd day about 30 minutes after some does. Shot him at about 50 yards, walking shot, through some trees… during an earthquake. Quartering to shot. Hit him about the 3rd or 4th rib, further back than I wanted. Took out 1 lung and diaphragm, exiting through the bad area, but he didn’t go 50 yards and I saw him fall. .308, Barnes MRX bullet. Had trouble texting my buddies due to the earthquake that was still happening. Eventually climbed down and calmed down. Walked back to camp, had a celebratory brewski and went back in to get him. We did a gutless method on him (due to my choice of shot placement) and packed him out. Good times with good friends in a memorable place.

Last edited:
Private. Followed some rubs and scrapes into a bottom where creeks intersect between different aged clear cuts. He came in on the 3rd day about 30 minutes after some does. Shot him at about 50 yards, walking shot, through some trees… during an earthquake. Quartering to shot. Hit him about the 3rd or 4th rib, further back than I wanted. Took out 1 lung and diaphragm, exiting through the bad area, but he didn’t go 50 yards and I saw him fall. .308, Barnes MRX bullet. Had trouble texting my buddies due to the earthquake that was still happening. Eventually climbed down and calmed down. Walked back to camp, had a celebratory brewski and went back into get him. We did a gutless method on him (due to my choice of shot placement) and packed him out. Good times with good friends in a memorable place.
Congratulations! Sounds like a fun time!

Good job team. We finished slightly above average. So we broke even and got our entry fee back. ;)
Thanks for sharing your stories and your adventures. Pleasure being on a team with you.

Back