• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

It's just...a little crush... - Review of the JX3 Hybrid Saddle

Anybody put a harken cam cleat on the Jx3 one stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody put a harken cam cleat on the Jx3 one stick?

I’m interested in this as well. I looked at the end of the metal tubing, and it looks like the interior aluminum ribs would require the cam cleat to be mounted on the side of the JX 3 stick leg, which I don’t think would be ideal. I would think it would be important to drill through all three ribs, rather than parallel to them, or between them. Not sure if this is making sense, but look at the end of the tubing on the stick to see what I’m talking about.

The JX 3 stick rope locking mechanism is super secure, but it does make it more difficult trying to one stick.

Took the bridge off that came with it and put on an Amsteel Guy openable woopie sling bridge. Makes maneuvering around much easier. Also helps when bending down to grab the stick when one sticking.

got any pics?

6a2496380bde8ac516fd55515757c1fd.jpg

If you fall asleep or lose your balance and footing you run the risk of getting inverted.

I would recommend not having a bridge with that much travel in each direction.

There’s a reason the stock bridge is built the way it is.

Stay safe.

I definitely see your points about safety. I may go back to the stock bridge after a few trial sets with this. I’m in the tree right now with it and I have the bridge length way too long. I could easily shorten it in half, or more.

I definitely see your points about safety. I may go back to the stock bridge after a few trial sets with this. I’m in the tree right now with it and I have the bridge length way too long. I could easily shorten it in half, or more.

Keep it long if you like. Just tie in knots, or a closed loop, that mimics the stock bridge’s containment of your Bridge carabiner. That closed loop is there for a reason. Your hips are not bound to the rigid seat like they are with a soft saddle. Some less strong/flexible people may not be able to get back to seated position if they get turned over.

Tying in the containment will not impact the angles/length you created there.

Keep it long if you like. Just tie in knots, or a closed loop, that mimics the stock bridge’s containment of your Bridge carabiner. That closed loop is there for a reason. Your hips are not bound to the rigid seat like they are with a soft saddle. Some less strong/flexible people may not be able to get back to seated position if they get turned over.

On this note. Did anyone have a trick to shorten the standard? The one I got came with Amsteel adjustable. I shortened it up to DRT Climb. When I tried the stock bridge it moved my knot further away. Felt like I was reaching. So went back to the Amsteel. I kinda Liked the stock one for just hanging out.

On this note. Did anyone have a trick to shorten the standard? The one I got came with Amsteel adjustable. I shortened it up to DRT Climb. When I tried the stock bridge it moved my knot further away. Felt like I was reaching. So went back to the Amsteel. I kinda Liked the stock one for just hanging out.
They sell a shorter one

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

If you want to shorten your bridge, you can use the tail of your tether, or any other strap or rope to wrap around your bridge. This will accomplish three things: shortening your tether, and reducing the amount of rotation you can accomplish, and tightening the angle of the bridge to open up more shot opportunities.

If you wrap too close to the carabiner it will become a fixed connection because you can’t rotate.

I’ll try to find a picture.

I’ve also hunted out of the standard hybrid a couple of times with my carabiner clipped directly to both bridge loops, with the bridge there simply as backup. You can’t rotate, but it pulls side straps very tight to hips for shot clearance, and worked fine for the application

I actually run an incredibly long bridge (like a full length lineman rope) as I primarily rifle hunt from my JX3 and opening up that section in front of my chest allows me to shoulder the rifle more naturally without having to rotate to one side or the other. To alleviate that concern of rolling I just tied in a prusik and move it to whatever is center of my bridge at the time. Has seemed to work well.

Squeeze your bridge with one hand while you wrap with the other.

Screenshot_20240113_155916_Gallery.jpg

Just an FYI if you need a good bag for your JX3, these are on sale for $11 and work great.
2e510e28dfacf4f39aa06d11184b9ca4.jpg

I really like the JX3 sticks. Love how they integrate into the system. Love the stand off length for big feet; I’m a size 15 and nothing previously worked well for me but the XOPs. Love how easy it is to stand on the top of each stick. Love the platform stick. The good outweighs the bad. But with all that said, they’re loud and there’s really not a very good way around it. And the way the standoffs are designed they don’t work on all trees the way typical V shaped stand offs do. Can be hard to get all four corners to hit on wonky trees or craggy bark.

I really like the JX3 sticks. Love how they integrate into the system. Love the stand off length for big feet; I’m a size 15 and nothing previously worked well for me but the XOPs. Love how easy it is to stand on the top of each stick. Love the platform stick. The good outweighs the bad. But with all that said, they’re loud and there’s really not a very good way around it. And the way the standoffs are designed they don’t work on all trees the way typical V shaped stand offs do. Can be hard to get all four corners to hit on wonky trees or craggy bark.

I think you just summed up the JX3. Is NOT gonna be the best thing since sliced bread and do everything you want. But it's a warm perfectly toasted buttery piece of bread when you get there.

I think you just summed up the JX3. Is NOT gonna be the best thing since sliced bread and do everything you want. But it's a warm perfectly toasted buttery piece of bread when you get there.
Called my cousin this weekend to catch up and he was talking through his first full season saddle hunting… “having a hard time sitting still”, “gotta get some knee pads”, still working on finding the right bridge length and tether height for longer term comfort”, etc. I wouldn’t even say I’m a fanboy but it did strike me, and I did tell him, that for his set of issues the JX3 resolves em all. Yeah there’s def some tradeoffs but you can keep chasing and tweaking, or consider there’s kind of a solution already out there, it’s just a tad bulkier.

Back