• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My challenge to you

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
I challenge you to not buy a new piece of gear this season. More likely than not you have equipment that is better than you had even 5 years ago and more than good enough to help you kill whitetails.

In place of new gear purchases I propose you spend an extra XX number of days in the woods this post season scouting. This will bring you more success next fall than your next purchase.

*Replacement items like arrows, broadheads, strings, new boots for the ones that leak are permitted, etc.

Best of luck!

I haven’t bought crap since November…I spent enough in November on a new bow setup I don’t need to spend anything else. I also spend a lot of time chasing my buddies skwrel dog around the woods in late season, and with turkey season around the corner I’ll spend a bunch more time looking at travel routes, old rub lines, etc. When you average 8 miles a day looking for a workable turkey you tend to find a lot of sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone must be really satisfied with the Sladder…

Lol. I used it once in the woods. I need to practice with it more in the offseason to see if I can get comfortable with it. It still may find a place in my system but I don’t see myself giving up my stepps. They’re too adaptable.

Back