• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Flaooza 24’ aka Florida saddle hunter meet up

Hope you all stay dry...gonna be a very wet weekend! Was wishing I could be there...but almost looking like a washout. Sunday afternoon mite be good for the piggy hunt though!
Saturday was nice until about 3 pm during raffles it started raining and then it slacked up long enough to hog hunt and cook dinner. Rained all night and today is definitely a wash. All in all I am thinking we all had fun

Thanks to Robert for hosting the event this year and to all the vendors that showed up and donated stuff.
The guys at Hang Free brought the store with them and handed out a bunch of free stuff. One guy got a Bullnan ROS. I got a free full bury Amsteel attachment that sells for $28. I purchased the new Preditor 8mm tether with 6mm TRC prusic.
The amount of stuff vendors donated for the hide and seek along with the drawings made it feel like Christmas in February.
Thanks again to everyone that made the event a success.

Ok every one…. I want to first apologize to all our friends from out of state that drove down here expecting beautiful Florida weather and instead got a little rain on Saturday and a whole lot of it today. It was unfortunate and next year I will book it the last weekend of February as we seem to have better luck with our weather on that weekend….. our official attendance was 55 people including myself, my son and my wife. It was down from last year but with the weather, zone B deer closing and NWTF expo, we were competing with a lot. I will do better with scheduling next year!
I want to extend special thank you for driving down to:
@TreeMunkie , @Just_Hangin_N_GA , @always89y (and Chandler) @GeoFish, @DanO (for sending Hunter, he’s a great guy and you should be proud of what an ambassador he is for EWO)!

@Bucketlist (sorry I truly did get distracted and owe you a burger or two next year!)
@Weldabeast thanks for all your help and we are all glad the holy water didn’t finish you off!
@Capttickle it was great catching up and looking forward to hunting with you some this coming year.
@RookieJD , @knightryder23 , @cutty , @Bucketlist and all the other members I might have forgotten to list here, I am so glad you guys came out to hang out and share stories, tips, and gear. @ScottL thabks for coming out and trekking in the rain BUT next year you guide one of the northerners and I guide one or two of the others, we can’t stick together and leave them in unfamiliar territory.
@cedar paul we missed ya bud and sorry you couldn’t make it out. Your shirt is in the mail and you were with us in spirit.

Finally a big thank you to our sponsors who donated nearly twice as much gear as we’ve had in previous years. If everyone would, please be sure to email, tag on social media ect these great companies and let them know how much you enjoyed the opportunity to try out their gear and even win some. So thank you again to:
AJ and Ape Canyon Outfitters
@Mobile one and Bullman Outdoors
Benny and Buzzard roost
@always89y and Custom Gear Modifications
@DanO and Eastern Woods Outdiirs
Peter and FL Camo
Van, Wyatt and Hang Free
@Samcirrus
@JCLINE84 and Overwatch Outdoors
Pursuit Platforms
@redsquirrel and Saddle Hunter.com
Brandon, Fred and Skull Hill Archery
@SETX hunter and TX5
and of course Randy and XOP.

@always89y I wish you and Chandler could have stuck around to watch 30 grown men race into the woods tripping all over each other in the Saddle Hide & Seek event! It was extremely entertaining.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully some of you got pics and videos as I’d love to show them here and also to our sponsors on social media so that they know their products were sat in, tried out and greatly appreciated.
Thank you everyone again and hopefully can continue this for years to come!

Thanks to Robert for hosting the event this year and to all the vendors that showed up and donated stuff.
The guys at Hang Free brought the store with them and handed out a bunch of free stuff. One guy got a Bullnan ROS. I got a free full bury Amsteel attachment that sells for $28. I purchased the new Preditor 8mm tether with 6mm TRC prusic.
The amount of stuff vendors donated for the hide and seek along with the drawings made it feel like Christmas in February.
Thanks again to everyone that made the event a success.
I’m a big fan of that 8mm predator and if I were still manufacturing, that would be my new go to for a bridge

First timer here and boy was I impressed! Every vendor attending treated me like they had known me forever and graciously answered all my ignorant questions? I got to put some real names and faces to Saddle Hunter handle names. The attendees were all friendly and enthusiastic to share ideas and hunting adventures and even their personal saddles to try on. Everyone was great but Robert and his family made this a special event. They did everything in their power to help everyone out and to ensure things went smoothly. I definitely learned from watching the professionals demonstrating climbing techniques and even tried a couple but I better stick to sticks for now.
I figured out I need to work on my 100 yard dash and not wear my heavy boots for the Saddle hide and seek event.
Next year I will write down some contact information instead of trying to remember everyone.
I will camp next year, so I don't miss the Holy Water events.
Seriously, thanks for a great time everyone, and see y'all next year!!!

See ya next year fellow size 1 wearer
Yes, and I do appreciate you letting me try your saddle! I even tried on @Fl Canopy Stalker'a and his wife's saddle, everyone was very generous.
I wish I hadn't tried them to be honest because I was very pleased with my saddle.... which is the only one I had ever tried.
Thanks again!!

Yes, and I do appreciate you letting me try your saddle! I even tried on @Fl Canopy Stalker'a and his wife's saddle, everyone was very generous.
I wish I hadn't tried them to be honest because I was very pleased with my saddle.... which is the only one I had ever tried.
Thanks again!!
Glad you came down and joined us brother. We will do it again next year and plan to make it more organized lol

First timer here and boy was I impressed! Every vendor attending treated me like they had known me forever and graciously answered all my ignorant questions? I got to put some real names and faces to Saddle Hunter handle names. The attendees were all friendly and enthusiastic to share ideas and hunting adventures and even their personal saddles to try on. Everyone was great but Robert and his family made this a special event. They did everything in their power to help everyone out and to ensure things went smoothly. I definitely learned from watching the professionals demonstrating climbing techniques and even tried a couple but I better stick to sticks for now.
I figured out I need to work on my 100 yard dash and not wear my heavy boots for the Saddle hide and seek event.
Next year I will write down some contact information instead of trying to remember everyone.
I will camp next year, so I don't miss the Holy Water events.
Seriously, thanks for a great time everyone, and see y'all next year!!!
Yea that saddle hide and seek gets guys every time :sweatsmile:

I had a blast at saddle flaooza 24 I entered all the raffles and came out like a bandit in the night ! Really want to say thank you to Robert Wood for putting the whole event together and organizing a bunch of fellers talking about hunting ain’t easy but he managed to! Thank you also to the boy at TX5 custom gear for the awesome saddle I won in the raffle hands down the most comfortablist thing I have ever sat in or on also the pouches and back pack straps are next level quality ( the bottom land is just the icing g on top ! Thanks to TGM customs for the 2 step aider and hang free for the freebies on the the table and quality made tether ! And can’t forget the memories made with the buddies and new friends made at this event just hanging out !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kidding aside....I woke up Friday morning feeling terrible....not from 2 much ta drink,like these jerkies will lead u on to believe, but a fever and nausea. I tried to be social but ended up laying in my hammock for like 20 hours straight. Everybody periodically checked in on me and always asking if I needed anything.... Made me feel warm and fuzzy inside ...inbetween the puking fits of course. Thanks fellas

Woke up saturday morning early and felt great.... Weird

Back