• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle Flaooza 24’ aka Florida saddle hunter meet up

Fl Canopy Stalker

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Ok guys as promised we have the finalized dates for the Florida Saddle Hunter meet up. It will be February 16th through the 18th or 19th if you so choose to stay that long. That’s Friday through President’s day. It will be at the Pine Island Camp ground in Lake George WMA Seville Fl. It’s “primitive” camping only aka tents or hammocks. There is an outhouse and a well but no running potable water. The entry fee will most like be around $35 to $40 like last year. It will include the campsites, a catered lunch on Saturday, and an event t-shirt. You can set up camp any time from Thursday night through Saturday morning. The main demos will be done Saturday morning/afternoon. Lunch on Saturday will be around 12:30 or 1pm followed by the afternoon hog hunt. There are picnick tables and a covered pavilion for eating.
Another hog hunt will be done Sunday morning with a special trophy from our very own @Weldabeast for the largest hog! We had a great time last year with
@ScottL , @JAYBO , @cutty ,@GeoFish , @MADhunts , @Bucketlist , @Capttickle , and a ton of other members as well as budget sportsman, swamp n stomp, Florida Camo and even an appearance from a huge south Florida bow shop “Skull Hill Archery” all in attendance. If you are new to the site and looking for a great opportunity to try out different saddle gear from all the companies, shoot the breeze with other veteran hunters, try different climbing techniques, or shoot a pig Florida hog in the mild Florida “winter” this is a great opportunity. And yes just like last year we are inviting any of you non Florida residents to come join us. You don’t need a hunting license to shoot pigs in Florida only a $30 WMA permit so you won’t find a cheaper out of state hunting opportunity.

Worth mentioning there is also a small rv camp site a mile away. The sites are usually very limited so if you are trying to stay there hit me up and I’ll share the details so not to clutter this thread.

We already have commitments for saddles/gear from our friends at CGM, TX5, and Buzzard Roost. I’ve also reached out to Trophyline, Overwatch, Bullman Outdoors, and XOP. Between that and all the personal gear that guys bring we will have nearly every saddle on the market to try out and many of them to win in the raffle. Here is a little video collection from last year

Anything scheduled for Friday?
Just a group of us hanging out, setting up and maybe doing some scouting. Saturday and Sunday will be when most of the event event stuff occurs. Why, you wanna come down again and let me take y’all to lunch this year?

Last edited:
Just a group of us hanging out, setting up and maybe doing some scouting. Saturday and Sunday will be when most of the event event stuff occurs. Why, you wanna come down again and let me take y’all to lunch this year?
Of course I am coming down, wouldn't miss it.
I will PM you and let you know our schedule, but you will need to come to our camp for dinner and eat my cooking!

Got a couple of other confirmations. We will have hear from Buzzard Roost, Trophyline said they will probably send some stuff, XOP is sending some stuff down, and Ape Canyon Outfitters will send some stuff as well… Also our very own @always89y will be joining us. If I could just get @JCLINE84 and @DanO to come down, it would be the best party ever.

Just received confirmation Pursuit platforms is sending a couple of their platform kits. Hunt Arsenal responded but hasn’t committed to any gear just yet. Hoping @Samcirrus can persuade them, that the event is worth donating some gear to….

Ok guys, I know I’ve been slacking some on the details. Here is a link to the payment page on the site so you can preregister. Like last year, this helps us keep track of the shirts and sizes needed so we can order them as well as an accurate count for the catered lunch and camp sites. I can’t wait to see everyone there again this year!

You make it tempting for some of us "Northern Boys" to drive South and spoil your time. If I can find one or two guys to come along I might do so. It's currently -9F and will drop overnight; it was -2 as I was outside barbequing dinner for the family this afternoon. Florida weather sounds fantastic right now.

Back