• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Total Archery Challenge 2024

Nosaj

SH Member
Anyone else going to TAC this year? We are going to the VT shoot again this year. Getting nock times for 2 was no small feat, I hit the button as soon as it went live and was 200th in line and had a hard time getting nock times. We will be on the Sitka course at 8 on Friday and on the Prime course at 12:30 on Saturday. It would be nice if they could add a day and another course, they would have no problem filling it them up. With an 8am start time we may be able to shoot the Jack Links course after the Sitka course if the feet feel up to it.
20230526_133922.jpg

Anyone else going to TAC this year? We are going to the VT shoot again this year. Getting nock times for 2 was no small feat, I hit the button as soon as it went live and was 200th in line and had a hard time getting nock times. We will be on the Sitka course at 8 on Friday and on the Prime course at 12:30 on Saturday. It would be nice if they could add a day and another course, they would have no problem filling it them up. With an 8am start time we may be able to shoot the Jack Links course after the Sitka course if the feet feel up to it.
View attachment 100270
Man.....that's a beautiful view.

Man.....that's a beautiful view.
The views at Pico are great and the course is steep, which you can't appreciate from the picture. I made the mistake of trying on a pair of Crispi's after finishing the course in an old pair of Salomon's that were not up to the task. That picture, I believe was from the 3rd target or so on the Prime course.

View attachment 100270
That is definitely a beautiful view, just slightly different than South Georgia.
I feel like I am looking for Waldo in the picture, help me see what you are shooting at.
What are the normal distances of the targets and are you allowed to use a range finder?

That is definitely a beautiful view, just slightly different than South Georgia.
I feel like I am looking for Waldo in the picture, help me see what you are shooting at.
What are the normal distances of the targets and are you allowed to use a range finder?
I shot it for the first time last year at Seven Springs PA. It was a blast. Distances vary as per course. Yes you may use a rangefinder. The longest I shot last year was a 107 yd Elk on the RMEF course.

The BRCC course maximum target was 67 yards and the minimum was 24 if my memory serves me correctly.

I’m going to the Michigan event again. I’m worried about getting 4 guys signed up for 3 days…

There is a black boar hog that is partially obscured by a slight drop off so if you are low at all you are in the dirt. You can see the pink surveyors tape in the blown up picture that lets you know where to look. You can use a range finder, I believe the distance on this one was round 50 yards. The published range on the prime course was 40-100 yards with most of the targets in the 40-70 range however they did have a full size Bison at 125 yards. I my slider went to 95' I raised up another 12' plus above the target and I was still 3' short. I missed two targets and lost one arrow so I felt pretty about the shoot. TAC is not a competition so you can also move up if you want to shoot from closer. There are a bunch of shots that if you over think them they will bite you and your arrow. My buddy missed one low and we saw where it went into the dirt. When we started digging for his arrow we found 4 others along with his and that was on Thursday.

20230526_133922arrow.jpg20230526_133924 boar.jpg

If you are signing up all 4 I think there is a copy address button so you can use the same address for all 4. Choose the nock time slots with the most availability.
Thanks for the tips! I hope it isn’t a mess.

Well, I got my group and times that we wanted despite being 207th in que! I am extremely excited for this year!
Congratulations, you did well considering the MI event is the only event that is completely sold out and it opened today. Vermont still has slots for Friday and Sunday on a couple different courses. Some are just single nock times however they do try to make accommodations to allow people to shoot with their friends if they have different nock times if you email them.

Congratulations, you did well considering the MI event is the only event that is completely sold out and it opened today. Vermont still has slots for Friday and Sunday on a couple different courses. Some are just single nock times however they do try to make accommodations to allow people to shoot with their friends if they have different nock times if you email them.
Yeah, we come from Wisconsin to go! There was talks of having one at granite peak in Wisconsin but that obviously didn’t happen. I wish they would.

I’m a little northeast of Pico just right of dead center on the horizon of that picture! I have the opposite view looking towards Pico on my way to work every morning. First time in 5 years I didn’t get a nock time on registration day one. On the waiting list currently for Sunday. Fingers crossed!

I’m a little northeast of Pico just right of dead center on the horizon of that picture! I have the opposite view looking towards Pico on my way to work every morning. First time in 5 years I didn’t get a nock time on registration day one. On the waiting list currently for Sunday. Fingers crossed!
Do you need a specific time? I just saw a bunch available on prime around 9am and the other courses had a few slots available.

Some of my friends are already signed up for Prime after 12:30 so I’m trying to hold off if possible. Really appreciate the help!

Back