• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

Got the z8 a few hours ago:

I’d agree with @enkriss , for $200 at the introductory price I haven’t seen a better stand for the money. Honestly it probably is still a pretty good deal at $300 from what I can tell and given the market out there.

It locked onto the tree very easily. I toe cammed it and it locked on fine doing it that way.

Will I keep it tho…. I’m between this and a xop cold world. I like the smaller size of the cold world, the meat shelf, it’s a pound lighter and having my bow holder integrated into the stand is nice. But are those features worth an extra $200? Probably not.

The finish of the Z8 has to be far far better than the Cold World. But I think a smaller version of the Z8 could really be something, designed specifically as a hybrid stand.

As is, the integrated Nested system is really smart. And there are good concepts with the stand. But I don’t see it as a run away winner at even $200 over the M7s I’ve bought for as low as $160s. It has some upside for sure, but the M7 wins for comfort hands down for me, as a stand.

I‘ve found the Nested process to be exemplary. Free shipping, great communication. They advertise a fantastic warranty and returns process. They have a great design approach. They include extras.

XOP has some new stands coming out. The Rubicon is listed at 10lbs with cushion (but has a mesh seat). It’s reportedly 27”x19” and has a 15”x9” seat, lol. $229. Wonder how the fit and finish will compare. Made in the same state as the Z8, competitors.

They're almost too warm for where we live honestly. They're made for Montana winters, they laugh at NJ... We get a handful of days a season that warrant breaking these out.

I got these pac boots ordered the 10” extremes. They fit very tight width wise. Is there a break in period with these?

I got these pac boots ordered the 10” extremes. They fit very tight width wise. Is there a break in period with these?
Mine have all definitely stretched some, the liner will eventually break down mold around your foot, if they’re super tight idk… I use Obenauf’s on all my Schnee’s.

Mine have all definitely stretched some, the liner will eventually break down mold around your foot, if they’re super tight idk… I use Obenauf’s on all my Schnee’s.

I don’t know the seem very narrow to me. Really bothering my pinky toes

I don’t know the seem very narrow to me. Really bothering my pinky toes
Yea you mite be screwed idk, most of mine have heel slip which drives me nuts but I don’t hike far with them, I wear those thick, wool, “lifetime“ socks Bass Pro sells with them to make up the difference, the rest of the time it’s Darn Tough socks for my mountain boots.

Yea you mite be screwed idk, most of mine have heel slip which drives me nuts but I don’t hike far with them, I wear those thick, wool, “lifetime“ socks Bass Pro sells with them to make up the difference, the rest of the time it’s Darn Tough socks for my mountain boots.

Don’t worry, @enkriss will give you the review you need to figure them out.

I put the stick on this tree. It’s the thinnest tree I would ever dream of hunting from. It locked in pretty good.

View attachment 100604View attachment 100605

Curious how you like it when at hunting height to hang the stand. Looks like you'll definitely have stand on the top step to do so because it doesn’t look wide enough for more than one boot. Don't know that I would like that.

@enkriss Thanks for checking. So, they fit but I suspect my calves would probably be screaming.

@enkriss Definitely a bit intrigued.

I realize the clips are essential for stacking, although not ideal in terms of hand placement when climbing, but maybe you just grab one of rails instead. If the clip were moveable you simply move the clip on one step to inside the pocket of the standoff and diagonally to the standoff pocket of the other step, or have clips in pairs inside both step stand off pockets. Don't know how something like this is missed in the design process.

I believe you may have sold your .75 but @Plebe may still have one unless it's a .5 Curious whether when packed in similar arrangement as shown with my One's if they would straddle the seat post and mate with the stand without the stand offs protruding through the platform holes. It's going to be tough to find anything to match what is to me the ideal set up. I know the profile would be taller, but if they did I may have to try a set.

Appreciate your or his efforts to demonstrate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309-062327_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309-062327_Chrome.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20240309-062334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309-062334_Gallery.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back