• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arsenal Platform

Got my shipping notification today too. Their return policy is…interesting. But I knew what it was going in so again, not on them, it’s clearly stated. Maybe I get it in hand and it’s perfect and I’m less of Debbie downer.

I’m still excited to get it in hand and compare to what I have and maybe that can help someone new or trying make a new decision, that’s fun too.

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow too. I won't be able to get it on a tree until Friday though and see how much flex my 200lbs will give it. Will weigh it on my new, up to 11 pound, ounce scale. See how much this saves me comparative to what I am running with now. I'm expecting around 3 pounds.

Side note: Just checked shipping details and it says it left Saginaw, MI and just made it to Maumee, OH. That means it started out 60 miles north of my place and now its 70 miles to my south. It would of went right by my place on 75. Sure seems their delivery methods could be refined. Oh well, still says expected 3/14 delivery.

Last edited:
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow too. I won't be able to get it on a tree until Friday though and see how much flex my 200lbs will give it. Will weigh it on my new, up to 11 pound, ounce scale. See how much this saves me comparative to what I am running with now. I'm expecting around 3 pounds.

Side note: Just checked shipping details and it says it left Saginaw, MI and just made it to Maumee, OH. That means it started out 60 miles north of my place and now its 70 miles to my south. It would of went right by my place on 75. Sure seems their delivery methods could be refined. Oh well, still says expected 3/14 delivery.
Fastest route between 2 point is a straight line, straight past and straight back. :p

Here it is. A little heavier than advertised. Still shaves 2.75 lbs from my current set up and will fit in my back pack pocket allowing me to carry my sticks vertically for easier transversing through the woods. Probably would be closer to 3lbs with the cam strap that came with my Edge. It is about an inch deeper and about the same width as the Edge. I’ll get it on a tree and see how it does and reply back.

Attachments

• IMG_4645.JPG
    IMG_4645.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4650.JPG
    IMG_4650.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4649.JPG
    IMG_4649.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4647.JPG
    IMG_4647.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4646.JPG
    IMG_4646.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4651.JPG
    IMG_4651.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4652.JPG
    IMG_4652.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4654.JPG
    IMG_4654.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Here it is. A little heavier than advertised. Still shaves 2.75lbs from my current set up and will fit in my back pack pocket allowing me to carry my sticks vertically for easier transversing through the woods. Probably would be closer to the 3lbs with the cam strap that came with my Edge. It is about an inch deeper and about the same width as the Edge. I’ll get it on a tree and see how it does and reply back.

So how much does it weigh? I’m guessing there was a photo that didn’t upload.

So how much does it weigh? I’m guessing there was a photo that didn’t upload.
2lbs 13.8oz without the amsteel type rope. Another 1.2oz with. Had to shrink the photos down. Now there a little blurry but still work. New but not a high end scale.

Last edited:
Here it is. A little heavier than advertised. Still shaves 2.75lbs from my current set up and will fit in my back pack pocket allowing me to carry my sticks vertically for easier transversing through the woods. Probably would be closer to the 3lbs with the cam strap that came with my Edge. It is about an inch deeper and about the same width as the Edge. I’ll get it on a tree and see how it does and reply back.
That is an HFAS platform attachment at 3.0oz if that helps anyone.

Last edited:
It really seems like they are just waiting for people to follow up and then shipping. I had nothing from them and sent a follow up which resulted in a tracking number.

Finally reading instructions. QR scan takes you to old videos. But instructions state to attach to tree and tighten before folding the top v bracket out (that seems very odd to me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just set it on a telephone pole and a red oak. Top pulled away on both when weight put on very outside edge of platform (at least for me).

e9ead5499419e638eeb260afd817696a.jpg

7502a0bbe520226d33d80bf4b3c99d8e.jpg

Couple years back had a package that went from Memphis to Oklahoma City and back to me in Little Rock. I guess they are afraid they couldnt justify their pricing if they dont haul stuff around for a few days.

Side note: Just checked shipping details and it says it left Saginaw, MI and just made it to Maumee, OH. That means it started out 60 miles north of my place and now its 70 miles to my south. It would have went right by my place on 75. Sure seems their delivery methods could be refined. Oh well, still says expected 3/14 delivery.
So many UPS and FedEx packages ride in cargo hull on passenger flights… they’ve got it figured out for cheapest route(for them, not the airline)… reminds me about 15 years ago I had to ship some heavy stuff to a subcontractor in TX and it was cheaper for me to fly down and check the boxes than it was to just stay home and ship them UPS…so that’s what I did.

I just set it on a telephone pole and a red oak. Top pulled away on both when weight put on very outside edge of platform (at least for me).

But did it move(side-side)? I’m guessing if you cammed it down and were still able to pull the top away those bottom teeth were sunk in pretty deep?

I had the same result at 200lbs with the supplied rope and the HFAS I have. Holds tight with a 7.6oz cambuckle strap though. May just use that. Very little flex, not as solid as the XOP. Never really been comfortable with the HFAS and it seemed to take too much effort to get right on my Edge anyway. Anyone know someone that makes quality, reliable and lightweight cambuckle straps?

Attachments

• IMG_4662.JPG
    IMG_4662.JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Finally reading instructions. QR scan takes you to old videos. But instructions state to attach to tree and tighten before folding the top v bracket out (that seems very odd to me)

Found this method could damage or even cut the rope. Had to be real careful with both the supplied amsteel and the HFAS.

Back