• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Saddle hunters support thread.

Well, since this is the support thread I feel obligated to tell you that those tree umbrellas work really well in a saddle also. The one I have is linked below for your purchase convenience.

Veteran move...well played

interesting! That link says product is discontinued though.

BT

Well, looks like I need to be better at providing support to my fellow SH's.

That's too bad, I like that umbrella because it extends from the tree much farther than most which helps keep you covered when leaning away from the tree. The one @boyne bowhunter posted will work also.

Lol I love how @MattMan81 's original intent didn't even last a page before it got flipped 180... And now here we are 54 pages deep lol.

I bought a gun cabinet today... But that's not saddlehunting related per say... Just common sense. I should have gotten 2 though, it's looking a bit full...

Lol I love how @MattMan81 's original intent didn't even last a page before it got flipped 180... And now here we are 54 pages deep lol.

I bought a gun cabinet today... But that's not saddlehunting related per say... Just common sense. I should have gotten 2 though, it's looking a bit full...
Wait a second.. are you saying guys took the original intent of a post on an online forum board and steered it in a different direction? First time for everything I guess.. :rolleyes:

@MattMan81 only made it to post 18 himself. :)

Post in thread 'Saddle hunters support thread.'
https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/saddle-hunters-support-thread.44914/post-614567

Maybe. But overall I’d say it’s cost much, much more than it’s saved. Lol.

Yup. I had a bad case of G.A.S. this weekend.

Ended up with the EDP, $200 worth of "upgrades" to the trophyline sticks I ordered earlier this week, two side pouches from CGM, a truckers hitch daisy from custom amsteel products, a HFAS from hang free, and then went back to CGM and ordered a 2TC kit.

Hopefully by season start I'll have my preferred climbing method nailed down, and can offload some stuff.

BT

I'm just here so I don't get fined.

After seeing the Farsenal (I made that up, I get credit) platform apparently fail miserably by catfishing all of us and being a bit heavier than expected, I'm curious about Trophylines new lightweight platform coming out. Anyone have any details or information on it?

Last edited:
Yup. I had a bad case of G.A.S. this weekend.

Ended up with the EDP, $200 worth of "upgrades" to the trophyline sticks I ordered earlier this week, two side pouches from CGM, a truckers hitch daisy from custom amsteel products, a HFAS from hang free, and then went back to CGM and ordered a 2TC kit.

Hopefully by season start I'll have my preferred climbing method nailed down, and can offload some stuff.

BT
I bought a very lightly used EDP right out of the gate last fall and have not regretted it a bit. In January I bought a used Tethrd Predator platform to use with preset sticks and have been working on sponge painting it the past few weeks. Nice days in late February and early March are not common, so I wait several days and then get at it again. I also have a Beast Gear BAT stick platform on the way to try out with some ROS I built. Most of my purchases have been fairly low budget, but I guess they add up over time.....like the 75' of 1/8" Amsteel Blue from Dutchware last week to build some more daisy chains.

Anyone have a video link or DIY for making the USA platform tie-in?

FYI, that's how a gun safe is supposed to work... You buy enough guns to need a safe, you buy a safe, you proceed to fill said safe, you buy another safe, the new safe "looks empty" so you buy guns to fill it, once full you buy a new safe; kinda like "rinse and repeat", it actually never says to stop... HAHAHA!

I bought a very lightly used EDP right out of the gate last fall and have not regretted it a bit. In January I bought a used Tethrd Predator platform to use with preset sticks and have been working on sponge painting it the past few weeks. Nice days in late February and early March are not common, so I wait several days and then get at it again. I also have a Beast Gear BAT stick platform on the way to try out with some ROS I built. Most of my purchases have been fairly low budget, but I guess they add up over time.....like the 75' of 1/8" Amsteel Blue from Dutchware last week to build some more daisy chains.

Anyone have a video link or DIY for making the USA platform tie-in?

I haven't decided whether I want to do the sponge paint, or hydro dip on mine. I'll likely hydro dip the EDP, ad well as the steps on my sticks. I already have the stuff, so why not?

Yeah even the small stuff adds up. I was able to get the sticks at $50 less than anywhere else actually on Amazon. I paid full price for the EDP though. I was planning to pick one up at the southern expo from someone, but due to my schedule I don't 100% know I'll make it and turns out we'll be there on different days even if I do get to go.

When I get my HFAS I can take some pics of it and send to you if you want.

BT

I haven't decided whether I want to do the sponge paint, or hydro dip on mine. I'll likely hydro dip the EDP, ad well as the steps on my sticks. I already have the stuff, so why not?

Yeah even the small stuff adds up. I was able to get the sticks at $50 less than anywhere else actually on Amazon. I paid full price for the EDP though. I was planning to pick one up at the southern expo from someone, but due to my schedule I don't 100% know I'll make it and turns out we'll be there on different days even if I do get to go.

When I get my HFAS I can take some pics of it and send to you if you want.

BT
I have a Vital Ground PSH....but wondered how the USA or HFAS differs? Photos would be appreciated.

Back