• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arsenal Platform

Anyone feel like measuring the teeth diameter. Outside teeth tip to tip. Inside teeth tip to tip, and depth of outer tip to post? Please and thank you.
So I’d be glad to do this but am not as savvy as some so I don’t quite get what you’re asking. Like if you mean the actual teeth or outside distance of them etc. Feel free to pm me to give me a better idea if you want to or I’ll even give you my number and we can FaceTime so you can walk me through if that is what helps.

Anyone feel like measuring the teeth diameter. Outside teeth tip to tip. Inside teeth tip to tip, and depth of outer tip to post? Please and thank you.

Here’s my attempt, pictures in order of noted measurements, if it isn’t what you meant feel free to let me know and I can try again.

Outside 6 3/8”
Inside 2 1/8”
Depth 2.5”

IMG_6508.jpegIMG_6509.jpegIMG_6510.jpeg

Went to leave a review and it just shows how invaluable this site is for saddle hunters. To leave a review you have to write it and then verify you left it and then verify again, mine still isn’t there but all the 5 star it’s perfect ones are.

Thanks to @redsquirrel for starting this site and to all the vets who help us newer folks as well as the mods who keep us all (mostly) in line. There aren’t a ton of resources you can trust online but when we check in here you get honesty, like it or not.

Went to leave a review and it just shows how invaluable this site is for saddle hunters. To leave a review you have to write it and then verify you left it and then verify again, mine still isn’t there but all the 5 star it’s perfect ones are.

Thanks to @redsquirrel for starting this site and to all the vets who help us newer folks as well as the mods who keep us all (mostly) in line. There aren’t a ton of resources you can trust online but when we check in here you get honesty, like it or not.

I get a sense that some of those are a little, ahem, biased. Lol.

A5E9D83B-CB60-4F31-A03E-2BA2E8A95BC1.jpeg

“There is some sound, but the sound dissipates much faster and does not have such a high frequency” made me lol.

I think we’re getting closer to a point where we get forced as a community to realize we’ve reached the best technology can currently get to for the weight of our equipment and money is better spent on good boots to scout with and good shoes and better food to take walks, eat better, and drop a few pounds ourselves.

“There is some sound, but the sound dissipates much faster and does not have such a high frequency” made me lol.

I think we’re getting closer to a point where we get forced as a community to realize we’ve reached the best technology can currently get to for the weight of our equipment and money is better spent on good boots to scout with and good shoes and better food to take walks, eat better, and drop a few pounds ourselves.
But what do you think of the platform? :tearsofjoy:

Yea,
Carbon fiber, 7075 aluminum, plastics and Magnite. Not sure what else they could do short of helium filled to lighten these up anymore.

Hopefully the rest of the industry will make their twist on these technologies just to give us more personal options.

But what do you think of the platform? :tearsofjoy:
I’m not on the edge of my seat about a 12x12 platform “around” 2 pounds since the topic platform was supposed to be 14.5x12 and 2.5 pounds but it will be great for someone and they should be excited for it and use it. I love seeing people be excited for their new stuff that makes them happy and pumped to go after deer and I’ll be really happy for them for every deer they get.

On the other hand, it was just last fall that a company (Arsenal) started using high end aluminum alloy for our purposes ( T-7075). I don’t think we’ve really come close to cutting edge in this industry.

Magnite is a new alloy in the hunting industry. While it’s ”unproven“ in this application, it has verifiable sound properties. I don’t think Trophyline is making stuff up. But really, that’s a sideshow to a material that looks like it can reduce build weight 33% over 6061 aluminum.

I’m not on the edge of my seat about a 12x12 platform “around” 2 pounds since the topic platform was supposed to be 14.5x12 and 2.5 pounds but it will be great for someone and they should be excited for it and use it. I love seeing people be excited for their new stuff that makes them happy and pumped to go after deer and I’ll be really happy for them for every deer they get.

I‘ll hold TL accountable if they grossly miss spec.

I hold Arsenal accountable because they did.

I’ll take a 36oz Fix and be pretty excited about it. Hope that’s about what the Hyperlite proves to be.

I got mine this past weekend. I really like it compared to anything else I’ve tried (many). I haven’t had any issues with it pulling away from the tree, but at 5’8” 125 pounds, my experience probably isn’t a great example.

I got mine, looks nice. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. Sometime I will get around to trying it out. I really want to flip the platform over. I may take it apart and try it after see how it does the way it is. Thing would of been perfect if the platform was installed upside down.

I got mine, looks nice. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. Sometime I will get around to trying it out. I really want to flip the platform over. I may take it apart and try it after see how it does the way it is. Thing would of been perfect if the platform was installed upside down.
Let us know if you try to flip it.

Back