• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arsenal Platform

I got mine, looks nice. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. Sometime I will get around to trying it out. I really want to flip the platform over. I may take it apart and try it after see how it does the way it is. Thing would of been perfect if the platform was installed upside down.
How's that gonna work with out a way to hold the platform in place. If you flip it the stop bolt is going to be on the top, right?

How's that gonna work with out a way to hold the platform in place. If you flip it the stop bolt is going to be on the top, right?
bolt is attached to the stand. I think I see how he plans to flip it with no problem, and not affect the bolt, but I don't understand why he wants to. maybe the angle portion? doesn't seem significant enough to me.

IMG_2319.jpeg

Is it more grippy on the bottom or something?
nubs for grip are on the top only

bolt is attached to the stand. I think I see how he plans to flip it with no problem, and not affect the bolt, but I don't understand why he wants to. maybe the angle portion? doesn't seem significant enough to me.

View attachment 100980

nubs for grip are on the top only
I didnt realize the platfrom level bolt was on the post with their platform. Hadnt looked that close obviously. My guess is yes he is looking to use the slope for foot comfort sorta like the trophyline platform.

I got mine, looks nice. Haven't had time to mess with it yet. Sometime I will get around to trying it out. I really want to flip the platform over. I may take it apart and try it after see how it does the way it is. Thing would of been perfect if the platform was installed upside down.
Lol, you'd have to countersink the other side or use different bolts/machine screws.

What's the reason for wanting to flip it? Is it more grippy on the bottom or something?

BT
I just want to flip it for foot comfort, little bit of angle is a lot more comfortable for me. With some angle on edge I can keep platform flat enough to stand on easier and reduce angle on ankles. Feet are less likely to slip due angles when leaning also. The only thing that may screw me is the teeth are machines in on the top I would have make sure it still locks in good after flipping it.

I think I can handle a countersink. I want the angle on top for foot comfort. This is what I did to my lwcg. Did mine before the seeker existed. This one will be a piece of cake. View attachment 100982View attachment 100983View attachment 100984
It will be weaker though if you countersink the other side as well!
Why don't you try to use flat head bolts first to see if you actually like it. Then maybe fill the old countersink with jb weld since you'll have already voided the warranty! I'm interested in how it turns out as well!

It will be weaker though if you countersink the other side as well!
Why don't you try to use flat head bolts first to see if you actually like it. Then maybe fill the old countersink with jb weld since you'll have already voided the warranty! I'm interested in how it turns out as well!
Yeah I will probably just bolt up without modding first. Make sure it will still lock in on a tree with the way the teeth are machines in. If it is still solid then I will mod to make it work right.

I gotta get some new bolts to try it out on a tree but this is what it looks like flipped. View attachment 100993View attachment 100994
Introducing the Arsonyx. The hottest platform not on the market.

Curious to see how it works on a tree for you. Maybe one of these days mfg's will work with hunters to bring new stuff to the market that functions the way hunters need and want it too.

I gotta get some new bolts to try it out on a tree but this is what it looks like flipped. View attachment 100993View attachment 100994
This is pretty interesting and got me thinking about how it folds. Folding it with the taper this way would not be as nice for packing or as sleek looking but the taper being on the top is smarter.. So what if this exact platform existed(obviously with the tread on the correct side) but where it folds up backward? The leveling screw could be turned out of the way so the post pivots and folds against the bottom side. Might offer some easier setup on tree if you can attach it while the platform is flat down against the tree, then flip up, adjust leveling screw, and cam it down?

That’s not my experience. I weighted from both sides then swung around the tree and put my weight behind pushing away from the tree and it wouldn’t budge. I think it takes practice getting it tight, and I also used a USA pro.

I’ll say the new one FEELS heavier than the old magnum, with a smaller platform but thicker. I was happy with the thinner version being a smaller guy, but I’d think this would make the bigger guys happy.

Back