• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

The cycle of life here on Saddlehunter… a new product comes out and everyone loves it… then it wets the bed and the internet dumpster fire begins… the owner of said product attempts to defend himself only to find out he’s breaking the vendor rules and must sit on the side lines and watch as the whole mess unfolds, a few folks try to sneak theirs in the classifieds quick before it’s too late… it’s kind of like sitting on the front porch… on a beautiful spring day watching a new born fawn feed on the lawn…only to have a couple coyotes burst from the brush ripping said fawn to pieces before your very own eyes and there’s absolutely nothing that can be done about it, I now have the “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” music stuck in my head… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
FWIW a vendor is free to post, again within the rules, in the vendor section if they want to provide further information or details on their products.

The cycle of life here on Saddlehunter… a new product comes out and everyone loves it… then it wets the bed and the internet dumpster fire begins… the owner of said product attempts to defend himself only to find out he’s breaking the vendor rules and must sit on the side lines and watch as the whole mess unfolds, a few folks try to sneak theirs in the classifieds quick before it’s too late… it’s kind of like sitting on the front porch… on a beautiful spring day watching a new born fawn feed on the lawn…only to have a couple coyotes burst from the brush ripping said fawn to pieces before your very own eyes and there’s absolutely nothing that can be done about it, I now have the “Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom” music stuck in my head… :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Shoot the coyote from the porch. Then shoot the bambis and make venison sammies. Problem solved! lol

1st off don’t call me Shirley

2nd I think we both know it’s no typo from the single most over priced company in the industry

I was thinking about getting one of their back pack setups that integrates into the saddle when they release it. But if the waist belt cost that much the pack will cost more then my exo. No thanks just run what I have.

Does FHF stand for Freaking High as bad word?

I don’t know. I am aware that some forum members rave about their FHF bino harnesses, which range from $125-185.

We got $350 diapers for saddlehunting, that don’t come with pouches or ropes. And people aren’t crapping on some of those companies.

At 10% discount, the TN kit is 319 x .9 = $287.10

Not all that far off from what Marsupial has in an upland config.

45680A13-CAEF-405F-B673-61FEF4956A62.png

I don’t know. I am aware that some forum members rave about their FHF bino harnesses, which range from $125-185.

We got $350 diapers for saddlehunting, that don’t come with pouches or ropes. And people aren’t crapping on some of those companies.
My Wood saddle was $200 nib. Look I am all for folks making a good profit and having a successful business. My issue is that the pricing has gotten out of hand considering the majority of the stuff we are talking about is produced overseas at quarter to a third of what it cost to produce here. Never mind the fact that in most cases this new stuff doesnt improve upon existing gear, esp when it comes to field function.

My Wood saddle was $200 nib. Look I am all for folks making a good profit and having a successful business. My issue is that the pricing has gotten out of hand considering the majority of the stuff we are talking about is produced overseas at quarter to a third of what it cost to produce here. Never mind the fact that in most cases this new stuff doesnt improve upon existing gear, esp when it comes to field function.
I was listening to the meat eater podcast with a guy from FHF and he said the issue is they want to be 100% American made and there is such a small amount of fabric that is made in the US that they have to have the prices they have. they said you can get "assembled in the USA" with Chinese materials or you can get "MADE IN THE USA". I'm assuming that the companies that are hovering around that same high price is striving for the same thing.

Back