• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Arsenal Platform

User error.

Have you not read the last bunch of pages where folks are talking about the post pulling away from the tree.

Here’s more of the same:

3C192CED-FF8B-43A4-99B4-0D9E6051D297.jpeg

C04304CE-2553-4AE9-89C8-E058CCCBFE26.png

54C0F8B6-7EB6-4A3E-8CCB-4B502DB01AA8.png

21ADEE0B-E783-4CB0-8C83-F9EEB98E1A05.png
525428D7-7F12-4A8F-A7BF-5C97C4117EBE.jpeg

Last edited:
Some people don’t know how to set a platform.

This an using amsteel has always helped me. As close to zero stretch as we are gonna get, even with a moderate camming, it seems to stick to the tree. Which makes it quieter too in my experience. Hopefully whoever invented dyneema got the $$$ they deserve.

Some people don’t know how to set a platform.

Some platforms don’t set well. I have plenty of platforms and don’t have problems with them like I do the RZR series. Others report the same thing.

I got an email from them saying the weight was supposed to be listed as 2.8 pounds, not 2 pounds 8 ounces, and because of that error they’d honor a return if I wanted to make one and pay for the shipping. Thought that was a good gesture since their policy says you’d need to pay for shipping on a return. I also see the website is now updated. IMG_6527.jpeg

I got an email from them saying the weight was supposed to be listed as 2.8 pounds, not 2 pounds 8 ounces, and because of that error they’d honor a return if I wanted to make one and pay for the shipping. Thought that was a good gesture since their policy says you’d need to pay for shipping on a return. I also see the website is now updated. View attachment 101010
If I could unsell my old one I’d return this one… but I think I’m going to keep it

Well I got it on a tree flipped. I like it a lot. Locks in good no top separation from tree. I put on with top bracket folded cam in once then recammed with hand pressure on top post locked in solid. So I started permanently modding it to keep it this way. Filled back holes with jb weld to strengthen back side then will re drill holes. Gotta take it down to shop after jb drys. Take flapper wheel take of traction bars on old top side bevel teeth a hair on platform then paint and Paracord.

I am happy with it will be my go to for longer sits. Probably still use the x wing for shorter sits. I like the contour it is nice on the feet. Will post some pics once it is completed.Screenshot_20240321-155757.pngScreenshot_20240321-155746.pngScreenshot_20240321-155730.pngScreenshot_20240321-155718.pngScreenshot_20240321-155708.pngScreenshot_20240321-155706.png

Well I got it on a tree flipped. I like it a lot. Locks in good no top separation from tree. I put on with top bracket folded cam in once then recammed with hand pressure on top post locked in solid. So I started permanently modding it to keep it this way. Filled back holes with jb weld to strengthen back side then will re drill holes. Gotta take it down to shop after jb drys. Take flapper wheel take of traction bars on old top side bevel teeth a hair on platform then paint and Paracord.

I am happy with it will be my go to for longer sits. Probably still use the x wing for shorter sits. I like the contour it is nice on the feet. Will post some pics once it is completed.View attachment 101029View attachment 101030View attachment 101031View attachment 101032View attachment 101033View attachment 101034
Nice job.

I am happy with it will be my go to for longer sits. Probably still use the x wing for shorter sits. I like the contour it is nice on the feet. Will post some pics once it is completed.View attachment 101029View attachment 101030View attachment 101031View attachment 101032View attachment 101033View attachment 101034
Post up more pics when you're done modding. Looks good

Looks like some good updates. I had the original platform and with as much as I wanted to love it, I found it very difficult to get the platform to cam into the trees around here. The geometry of the stand just doesn’t seem to act as a “cam” when lowering the platform, I found that it always wanted to lift back up.

Maybe these longer teeth help with that, but looks like the geometry is basically unchanged. I’ll be curious what users think because otherwise I thought it was a really nice platform with great features.

Looks like some good updates. I had the original platform and with as much as I wanted to love it, I found it very difficult to get the platform to cam into the trees around here. The geometry of the stand just doesn’t seem to act as a “cam” when lowering the platform, I found that it always wanted to lift back up.

Maybe these longer teeth help with that, but looks like the geometry is basically unchanged. I’ll be curious what users think because otherwise I thought it was a really nice platform with great features.

This platform still wants to lift up when unweighted if you don’t cam it well past level.

Back