• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beast stand or LWCG? Opinions please!

.5 was the single worst stand/ hunting tool ive ever owned. Medieval torture device painful. Beast stand has perfect dimensions. Few friends have the 1.0 and adore it. That said im a saddle convert thru and thru. Never going back.

.5 was the single worst stand/ hunting tool ive ever owned. Medieval torture device painful. Beast stand has perfect dimensions. Few friends have the 1.0 and adore it. That said im a saddle convert thru and thru. Never going back.

.5 is the best stand for hybrid hunting imo. I wouldn’t want to use it as a traditional stand though, nor would I enjoy the Beast stand for that. Give me a mesh seat if I’m stand hunting.

.5 is the best stand for hybrid hunting imo. I wouldn’t want to use it as a traditional stand though, nor would I enjoy the Beast stand for that. Give me a mesh seat if I’m stand hunting.
I can see it. Depends on why and what benefits you see in saddle hunting. I know alot of members use saddles because its comfortable and eases back pain.
To ME, saddle hunting is all about being lightweight and as nimble as feasible and toting around a 5lb stand to go with a saddle is the most illogical thing I've ever heard.

I can see it. Depends on why and what benefits you see in saddle hunting. I know alot of members use saddles because its comfortable and eases back pain.
To ME, saddle hunting is all about being lightweight and as nimble as feasible and toting around a 5lb stand to go with a saddle is the most illogical thing I've ever heard.

A stand that weighs as much as a bow doesn’t slow me down.

If your going hybrid don’t over look xop

It’s a good little stand for hybrid if your running dedicated stand and not 5”6 or less I’d say .75 or 1.0

We have discussed this many times on this forum. Once you go to a platform, a few steps for a ros, tiny platform you have to move around the tree for a 3 o'clock shot, decent frame pack, knee pads, back band.
You are at the same weight as my .75 and wolf pack.
If you can hunt off a ROS or a Bud Lite can you can save weight. Not my thing.

So, you 2TC Mike? Even if so, I don't see how your not still carrying the same 5lbs of something the rest of us are to use when at hunting height...

Have you looked at the posts? The 20” and 22” ones are much more beefy than the 18” post.
I have not had a chance to look at them up close enough to see a difference in thickness. That’s good to know though. Thanks!

Sorry not to have much input, but...?

https://outonalimbmfg.com/hush/ I also used to hunt out of a modded Millenium M7 that actually still might be my stand of choice (if a stand was the choice lol).
I’ve never tried the M7 before but it does look interesting. Might try one one of these days.

Yeah I actually owned the hush when it first came out. Was a pretty cool stand. There were a couple things that bothered me about it though so I ended up selling it.

Thanks for the thoughts there on the .75. Sounds pretty good. I remember the shelf deal from the .5 and it was pretty cool I have to say, although I don’t like to pack a stand like a frame pack. Just can never get it comfortable on my back and don’t want to put a bunch of padding and what not on it to make it more comfortable. Although that might be the thing to do eventually and I’ll give it another shot. That is, get one those backpack strap and lumbar pad deals you get for frame packs and try that out.

When you sit on the .75, does the seat/top of the post flex on you if you lean left or right? The .5 did that for me and I didn’t care for it.

That sucks to hear about backing over your gear. Guess stuff like that does happen to the best of us. Good idea to unload on the passenger side. I definitely unloaded on the drivers side that night. That night I walked out in the dark, I was getting checked out/ possibly stalked by at least 1 coyote. Wasn’t a far walk out but far enough. Spooked me enough to walk out with the sidearm out just in case. First time that’s ever happened to me. So when I got back to the car I was already flustered and that ultimately made me forget to throw the stand in the back of the car. And that was that.
I have a .75 with the standard seat and post and 3 Tethrd One sticks. Got the suspension system from TX5. Super comfortable on my back and weighing in at 14.8 lbs. Best set up (for me) that I’ve come across. I think this is like my 10th iteration of climbing systems

I have a .75 with the standard seat and post and 3 Tethrd One sticks. Got the suspension system from TX5. Super comfortable on my back and weighing in at 14.8 lbs. Best set up (for me) that I’ve come across. I think this is like my 10th iteration of climbing systems
What all do you have that weighs 14.8 lbs?
My .75 ready to hunt is 9lbs. With 3 lbs of sticks should be about 12 lbs.

The TX5 tts adds a few lbs
My .75 ready to hunt with the LWCG back pack straps, waist belt and buckle strap weighs 9lbs 4oz.
The TX5 system is listed at 1lb. Should be closer to my weight, or am I missing something?
Asking because I am considering going with the TX5 system.

My .75 ready to hunt with the LWCG back pack straps, waist belt and buckle strap weighs 9lbs 4oz.
The TX5 system is listed at 1lb. Should be closer to my weight, or am I missing something?
Asking because I am considering going with the TX5 system.

It’s heavier than that. The shoulder straps might weigh a pound but add the waist belt and back pad it’s closer to 3lbs

Back