• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

saddle belt buckles

dougell

I have two cruzr saddles and while I like both of them,the belt buckes are terrible and they never stay tight.Is there a replacement buckle out there that won't come lose?It doesn't even have to be metal.

can you replace the buckle without cutting the female side?

That being said, theres all kinds of cobra buckles out there you can replace it with.

I had the same trouble and Cruzr sent me a keeper that goes on the tag end and it keeps it from loosening up and keeps it tight. Give them a call and explain your problem.

Sounds like the buckle is not a good match for the type and thickness of webbing. Buying a new buckle may or may not fix it as each buckle has their ideal webbing that they work well with. There are some things you can try like a keeper as was mentioned above, sewing a short loop of fabric around the center post of the buckle to thicken it or sewing an additional length of webbing to the belt itself to make it thicker where it goes through the buckle.

Looking at it again, you can probably just add slide buckles, looking at my phantom, it has two slide buckles on the male side and it doesnt move. You'll still have to cut the end of the webbing to fit them on which shouldnt really be an issue to redo after you add the slides.

I have two cruzr saddles and while I like both of them,the belt buckes are terrible and they never stay tight.Is there a replacement buckle out there that won't come lose?It doesn't even have to be metal.
Do they still use that thin seat belt material for the belt? Is so, there really isn’t a buckle that’ll hold that. However if they’ve gone to a thicker webbing, the cobra buckles from Austrialpin are incredible. There is even a no sew option where you can cut out the old cheap buckle and use a bolt style pin to put on the cobra buckle (it’s called a “retrograde”)

Back