• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

No… I don’t do the hybrid thing. If I am hunting from a saddle it’s to save weight and bulk. I will be one sticking and hunting from a ROS. Gonna give 2TC another go… Otherwise I will be in a treestand.
As odd as it sounds, my system actually streamlined and I dropped weight and bulk going to a .5 and saddle vs what I was doing just saddle hunting. Admittedly I could probably been a whole lot more thrifty with my saddle load out but it just didn't work out that way.

bulkyThey perfected the .5 as a hybrid already. The cables only get in the way on facebook. Credit to those guys ingenuity though. For a long time now they are the leaders and all the huntbro companies follow.

I do think the usable footroom facing the tree will probably be a bit better with the Ranger Hybrid vs the .5. Sure it’s not as far away from the tree, but pretty ample. I’ve done layover of the Ambush and .5, and the real footroom is pretty comparable.

But, I would really worry about carrying the Ranger on my back, with the post and seat cleats lining up with the base of my spine. Even cutting off the superfluous cleats, it’s a precarious spot to have a post.

I don’t use the seat of my .5 too much, and the facing the tree seated position will be easier with the Hybrid. So there’s some upside for those who saddlehunt more than stand hunt.

But heavier and not less bulky kind of makes it diminishing returns.

Last edited:
No… I don’t do the hybrid thing. If I am hunting from a saddle it’s to save weight and bulk. I will be one sticking and hunting from a ROS. Gonna give 2TC another go… Otherwise I will be in a treestand.
Enkriss gonna be the first person to ever break a 2TC setup. @always89y you might want to triple stitch everywhere you can on his stirrup order when you see it and change the attachment method to steel carabiners rated to 20,000 lbs. Even then the 2TC setup might not be safe.

Enkriss gonna be the first person to ever break a 2TC setup. @always89y you might want to triple stitch everywhere you can on his stirrup order when you see it and change the attachment method to steel carabiners rated to 20,000 lbs. Even then the 2TC setup might not be safe.

Too late I it’s already sitting on my bench. The best option for him would be it breaks, I fall and croak so I can’t post any more.

I do think the usable footroom facing the tree will probably be a bit better with the Ranger Hybrid vs the .5. Sure it’s not as far away from the tree, but pretty ample. I’ve done layover of the Ambush and .5, and the real footroom is pretty comparable.

But, I would really worry about carrying the Ranger on my back, with the post and seat cleats lining up with the base of my spine. Even cutting off the superfluous cleats, it’s a precarious spot to have a post.

I don’t use the seat of my .5 too much, and the facing the tree seated position will be easier with the Hybrid. So there’s some upside for those who saddlehunt more than stand hunt.

But heavier and not less bulky kind of makes it diminishing returns.
I don't think I sat on my seat but an hour or two out of maybe 75 or 100 stand time, last year, but it makes a nice knee rest for me anyway. I've also been known to stand on my seat for shooting lanes in rifle.

I don't think I sat on my seat but an hour or two out of maybe 75 or 100 stand time, last year, but it makes a nice knee rest for me anyway. I've also been known to stand on my seat for shooting lanes in rifle.

For your setup, the biggest advantage to the .5 over the Ranger is going to be how it works as a “frame” w/suspension.

Too late I it’s already sitting on my bench. The best option for him would be it breaks, I fall and croak so I can’t post any more.
Oh I think we have no doubts it will break in some form or fashion, the last piece of gear you bought that didn't break was a grunt tube

Back