• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

I see "Hybrid Hunter" has been added to the trademark list. SMH. Seems like they have coined every term used by today's hunters.

View attachment 101553
They are cheesy for sure! Make good stuff I know a lot of guys like their stuff but come on they didn’t come up with Saddle Hunter! That kind of really ticks me off! They didn’t invest until the mobile stand market imploded now they’re trying to show they’re pioneers? Come on now pour the wine to wash it down.

They are cheesy for sure! Make good stuff I know a lot of guys like their stuff but come on they didn’t come up with Saddle Hunter! That kind of really ticks me off! They didn’t invest until the mobile stand market imploded now they’re trying to show they’re pioneers? Come on now pour the wine to wash it down.

You don’t have to coin a word/phrase to TM one. They are protecting their usage. In so doing, it effectually makes it exclusive. It’s all pretty silly.

-A trademark is a unique symbol or word(s) used to represent a business or its products. Once registered, that same symbol or series of words cannot be used by any other organization, forever, as long as it remains in use and proper paperwork and fees are paid-

X2. Agree, annoying as heck.
They've shown some innovation but the money spent to TM all of "their" terms, phrases and mfg processes may likely prove to be a wasted attempt to corner a soon to be oversaturated market.

Information control?
For reference and not being political here, Turn on any of the mainstream news networks that compete daily for viewership and watch the overall narrative of each channel. Control the narrative, control the message. Russians call it active measures. Or so I heard once.

By trademarking actual words, they are attempting to control the narrative in this industry by controlling the message any competitor wants to put out there for marketing purposes.

PS: Posting on SH.com at 5am while waiting for your turkey hunting partner to show up is a rite of passage in the off season.

This is a old video, not sure if Cruzr will even come out with a stick. With all the new sticks and the race to 1 Lb. they may be rethinking their stick?

It sure if this is in one of the 79 previous pages. Looks like a decent option. It uses a different system than Doppler. $550
IMG_5534.png

Have you used the Caldwell? Just curious if it’s better than the Lab Radar with the issues. I will be buying the Garmin in the next few days and my buddy is planning on the Caldwell. We can make a solid comparison and replace whatever we need.
I can’t imagine anything being better than the Garmin, just wait until you use it, if you never used an old chronograph before you are super lucky to be starting out with that Garmin, what a procedure they were to use compared to this new stuff, I could never go back to it.

I had this boot or a previous model jears ago. Bought it for my first Gams-hunt in Slovenia.
It is a bit wider on the heel than other Meindl models, i think.
After years using different Meindls i switched to Lowa Ticam GTX and went hunting Gams in Austria.
My absolute favorite boots so far.

I’m jealous. Of the chamois hunt, not the boots, lol. I can only dream of such hunts.

I didn’t love the Meindl boots I tried. Their customer service is however top notch. Possibly best in class.

I think Lowa’s construction is a step above Meindl. I’m using Lathrop & Sons boots customized to me, which are really fantastic, but have a pair of Crispis that I got on the cheap and they are pretty great for what they are. I think Crispi compares well to Lowa. All great boots.

Back