• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Truck build

What do u guys think? I have 2x6 rectangle tube the is welded on the crawler truck I could cut off and reuse or I have a bunch of 2x2 square tube or I have pipe? I think the rectangle is maybe the way but I'd like to use up a bunch of this 2x2Screenshot_20240430-184136~2.pngScreenshot_20240430-184140~2.png

I would question putting the back up lights below the rear bumper. I did that once and it did not work well for me.

Looks wise would vote 2x6 if you want a step, and square if you want a slider. The round tube looks out of place to me. That said I think round tube would be most functional as a rock slider, let's you slide off instead of catching the edge of something like that

Well.... At stock height I can see the concern but with 37" tires and the needed "lift" required to fit those big meats I don't think it's be an issue

Well.... At stock height I can see the concern but with 37" tires and the needed "lift" required to fit those big meats I don't think it's be an issue
Bring that Beast to KY and we will find out, :).
No flat land here!

I've had some sips from mason jar........just listen to that whiney power steering pump. He needs a van pump hahahaha

I'll have pretty much the same front suspension as that explorer. Coil spring and radius arm.....I have multiple springs to play with but the first set going on are 6" lift, progressive rate springs for an early bronco. The other springs on hand are 6" Cherokee lift springs....coil springs are relatively cheap if I had to buy others if what I already got doesn't work out but I'm confident the bronco springs be just fine. 99% sure the bronco springs fit into my stock coil buckets which would be nice...save me some time having to make new bucketsScreenshot_20240501-075727~2.png

I didn't get to make it out with my bro and his son.....the brown 79 is having steering issues......its got the same POS pump from the factory that I just replaced in my truck. On the lookout for 460 Saginaw pump bracketsScreenshot_20240501-075755~2.png

Won't be too much longer and I can go have some fun too.....those forest roads out in the hunting woods won't stand a chance hahaha

I like the Square tube over round for looks. Unless one has an advantage over the other for strength or other reason. But I think if you get into something that is gonna try and bend that tube it doesn't matter?

Main goal is door protection and a place I can use the farm jack on the side of the truck..... and a step I guess

Next time I make it to where the crawler truck is I'll measure and see how difficult it will be to cut out and reuse the rectangle tube.

The round pipe best for sliding off stuff and deformation/denting but it's not that important as long as it's fairly strong structure and the material thickness withstand some hits. It's gonna bend/dent someday....I just want the doors to function as long as possible

Back