• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MUDDY IS JUNK

Crossbowlegend

Received muddy pro sticks today what happened to them. 2/4 are defective sticks and muddy is no help what’s so ever I’m down 100 bucks from midway USA which isn’t there fault XOP 2 sticks in the mail as of 3 minutes ago. Anyone have issues with muddy?

I bought some muddy pros several years back. I don't remember the exact year, but I didn't care for them. There was a lot of play in the steps to the point it would make an audible click when I'd step on it and it would hit the post.

Not defective, but I didn't how loose it felt.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They’re good sticks, they’re not great sticks. Mine work/ worked as described. Cam cleat is robust. I like to mod them into one sticks. I have one pure OG muddy pro left I’m thinking about putting a crows nest on. I used one as my one stick one whole season.

I agree with Plebe. If they arrived defective I would certainly think midway would take them back.

Private equity happened.

Defective, or blemished though? Important distinction without further details it makes me wonder. Not doubting you personally but I've seen some similar threads on here that are much ado about nothing.

FYI, @enkriss posted this on the X2 sticks. Don’t know how widespread the problem was.

IMG_7926.png

My thoughts: If you were not happy with the muddy, I would also try to cancel the XOP. They seem nice, but are a cheap stick. IMO, the price of beast sticks continue to drop especially in the used market from what I have seen on here. They are nothing fancy, and just work. If that's all your after. Sales are usually often and should be due for one soon as I haven't seen one flash by in a while. Also watch the classifieds as there can be some good deals on them there as well.
I would anticipate more sticks hitting the classifieds here once all the new stuff comes out. Hope you can get your money back on the muddy. I would hope midway can issue a return.

Muddy has been junk for a long time. Ive never seen a muddy product and thought wow that is nice. Id put their quality around Hawks. If you want to stay around the $200 mark the Tethrd's Skeletors are hard to beat.

You get what you pay for is a good motto to live by. You probably won’t be all to pleased with the xops either. Unless you get lucky with a good set I have a few buddies who have them. One had the step breaking issues one had Stand off issues and one set the finishing was horrendous on them. Look like they came straight from china in a box full of marbles

Muddy has been junk for a long time. Ive never seen a muddy product and thought wow that is nice. Id put their quality around Hawks. If you want to stay around the $200 mark the Tethrd's Skeletors are hard to beat.

Tethrd Skeletor’s have had their fair share of problems too. Tethrd addressed some of those with replacement parts after the product was released.

Not sure they addressed this, and worth inspecting the sticks if you have them:

Last edited:
I had original muddy sticks that i loved. The next gen had a recall on them. Kept those pros for years, but sold them when i bought the tethrd ones.
I think the expression you should use when buying gear is “trust but verify”. Any how, i stopped buying muddy along time ago. I stopped buying tethrd after they said even if the glue isnt working ob the ones, they still have the pins. Heres hoping the trophy line sticks dont have any issues… cause i am waiting.

I'll be the oddball, I've used Muddy Pros for 3 yrs and really like them other than the way they stack. I've never owned a high dollar set of sticks so maybe I just don't know any better!

Back