• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1 pound climbing sticks

DOMMA

I was 1 sticking for awhile and recognize the advantages; light weight, easy to pack and the ability to climb to any height. Now that I found 1# hunting sticks that stack tight, I no longer 1-stick climb. Using an 3 step aider on the first stick, I can get 20 feet easily with 4 sticks. Using 4 Tethrd One Climbing sticks seems easier, safer, and faster. They also pack tightly together, making them easy to transport.

Are these light weight, tight packing, sticks moving any of you 1-stickers back to 3 - 4 climbing sticks?

Yes! I’ve one sticked/rappelled for a few years now. I used this method exclusively for the ‘21 season. But I had a chance to try the new Latitude, XOP, and Out On a Limb at ATA. I will not be one sticking next year.

Honestly I think anything less than 2 lbs per stick causes me to not be interested in one sticking... I barely feel my 3 beast minis as I walk in and using my diy aiders I have never needed more than 3... I have another 3 at home I've not bothered to bring to the field as half the time I only use 2 sticks... I honestly am optimistically not worried about 6-8 lbs on the way in as I'm hoping to carry a lot more out so that 4 lb difference doesn't matter all that mooch to me

Yes! I’ve one sticked/rappelled for a few years now. I used this method exclusively for the ‘21 season. But I had a chance to try the new Latitude, XOP, and Out On a Limb at ATA. I will not be one sticking next year.
What were your thoughts on the 3 sticks?

I am looking forward to either getting better at 2TC or going back to multi sticks next season as well, I gave one sticking a good effort this year and can't say I fully see the benefits.

Honestly I think anything less than 2 lbs per stick causes me to not be interested in one sticking... I barely feel my 3 beast minis as I walk in and using my diy aiders I have never needed more than 3... I have another 3 at home I've not bothered to bring to the field as half the time I only use 2 sticks... I honestly am optimistically not worried about 6-8 lbs on the way in as I'm hoping to carry a lot more out so that 4 lb difference doesn't matter all that mooch to me

... But imagine only carrying.... ONE Beast mini :tearsofjoy:

I was 1 sticking for awhile and recognize the advantages; light weight, easy to pack and the ability to climb to any height. Now that I found 1# hunting sticks that stack tight, I no longer 1-stick climb. Using an 3 step aider on the first stick, I can get 20 feet easily with 4 sticks. Using 4 Tethrd One Climbing sticks seems easier, safer, and faster. They also pack tightly together, making them easy to transport.

Are these light weight, tight packing, sticks moving any of you 1-stickers back to 3 - 4 climbing sticks?
Same here. I was one sticking and my setup was 3.5. Lbs with the stick, rope, etc.When Tethrd released the one sticks, I made the switch to 3-sticks and amsteel aiders. The ability to keep the 3 sticks clipped together when climbing is what sold me on switching.

I have thought about it a few times since the ONE sticks came out, but the more I think about them the less I want them. The bulk of them, unpacking them, wind chimes hanging all over me, have to carry a separate platform, then packing everything up afterward, just to much fiddle factor for me. With my one stick setup, ground set and two moves and my stick platform is little better than 20ft, carry it on a strap with one end clipped to my UP and the other to the standoff. Throw it over my shoulder, get to the tree unclip and start climbing….simple, and it feels like I’m carrying nothing when I walk in. Really hard to get past all those advantage for me.

If I could trade my one stick strait up for a set of sticks with aiders. Yep. But since it will cost me more money. Nope. But like @2Sloe says. I hate having them dangle all over trying to set up..

I’m wanting to give one stick climbing a fair shake this off season for one reason, I really do not enjoy the process of packing/unpacking my sticks and platform at the bottom of the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m wanting to give one stick climbing a fair shake this off season for one reason, I really do not enjoy the process of packing/unpacking my sticks and platform at the bottom of the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here! I'm gonna use my beast sticks with my .5 and my new beast one stick with 2 bat platform's with my Recon. I was thinking of getting tehard one stick's but don't like the idea of aiders on the steps with 1pin holding it on with a plug on the bottom!! The picture's Chrighton beast stick I'm still waiting for parts from EWO for my stick.Screenshot_20230114-215537_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Same here! I'm gonna use my beast sticks with my .5 and my new beast one stick with 2 bat platform's with my Recon. I was thinking of getting tehard one stick's but don't like the idea of aiders on the steps with 1pin holding it on with a plug on the bottom!! The picture's Chrighton beast stick I'm still waiting for parts from EWO for my stick.View attachment 79883
Is that something you built? It looks awesome.

I have thought about it a few times since the ONE sticks came out, but the more I think about them the less I want them. The bulk of them, unpacking them, wind chimes hanging all over me, have to carry a separate platform, then packing everything up afterward, just to much fiddle factor for me. With my one stick setup, ground set and two moves and my stick platform is little better than 20ft, carry it on a strap with one end clipped to my UP and the other to the standoff. Throw it over my shoulder, get to the tree unclip and start climbing….simple, and it feels like I’m carrying nothing when I walk in. Really hard to get past all those advantage for me.
How much does your setup weigh?

Is that something you built? It looks awesome.
My beast stick looks just like the picture. I'm working on it just need the cam cleat for it. The one in the picture's are Chrighton build he just posted the weight with out his aider on it.

My beast stick looks just like the picture. I'm working on it just need the cam cleat for it. The one in the picture's are Chrighton build he just posted the weight with out his aider on it.
I just found another thread that reference Beast gear site for the platforms. I may need to reconsider one sticking with a 12” platform on top

Back