• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

100P&Y deer, MORE P&Y World Records than ANYONE

Plebe

SH Member

Chuck has bagged more Pope and Young record size trophies as any other hunter in history—210 at last count. No one else is even close.

Chuck has broken archery World Records in Sitka Blacktail, Velvet Sitka Blacktail, Coues Whitetail, Mountain Caribou, American Bison, and American Elk categories…more P&Y World Records than anyone else.

Chuck has 10 bow-bagged animals registered with the Boone and Crockett Club, and nearly 200 archery animals in Safari Club International’s bowhunting record book—more entries with each club than held by any other archer.
He has taken five Grand Slams on American deer, and has taken 100 Pope and Young record-book deer, more than anyone else. During a single 12-month period, Chuck bagged 13 official P&Y record-book animals…an all-time record for one year. Eight of those were deer, including three giant whitetails.

Impressive.

It would be cool to know how many encounters didn’t work out for folks like this.

I have had quite a few. Not wounded deer, but chances at big deer that fell through for one reason or another. It’s almost unbelievable how one superb buck escaped me. Like it was fated. Makes it fun doesn’t it.

It would be cool to know how many encounters didn’t work out for folks like this.

I have had quite a few. Not wounded deer, but chances at big deer that fell through for one reason or another. It’s almost unbelievable how one superb buck escaped me. Like it was fated. Makes it fun doesn’t it.
The allure of the chase!

Chuck has bagged more Pope and Young record size trophies as any other hunter in history—210 at last count. No one else is even close.

Chuck has broken archery World Records in Sitka Blacktail, Velvet Sitka Blacktail, Coues Whitetail, Mountain Caribou, American Bison, and American Elk categories…more P&Y World Records than anyone else.

Chuck has 10 bow-bagged animals registered with the Boone and Crockett Club, and nearly 200 archery animals in Safari Club International’s bowhunting record book—more entries with each club than held by any other archer.
He has taken five Grand Slams on American deer, and has taken 100 Pope and Young record-book deer, more than anyone else. During a single 12-month period, Chuck bagged 13 official P&Y record-book animals…an all-time record for one year. Eight of those were deer, including three giant whitetails.

Impressive.
But did he 2TC?

A few years ago I was at the Indiana Deer Classic. Chuck did a seminar on the NA deer slam. It was fascinating. There were ELEVEN people in the seats. That and the 400 seats that filled up for the two bimbos that talked about shooting deer out of coops in the middle of a 100 acre food plot showed exactly how pathetic most deer hunters are today.

I’ve hunted all but the Colombian Blacktail and have a ton of respect for what I takes to have an archery Super Slam.

Impressive.
I met him once and as I recall he never used a release as far as most of his kills with the compound.

Money can buy a lot of things...

True, but he started very simple and paid his own way.. His eventual success gave him access no doubt, but he's lived this life his whole life. No social media, no anything except maybe a magazine article.
Far and away different than today. Speaking of which he still does most of his hunting solo. He broke the blacktail record twice on the same trip this last year. You can follow him on Instagram.

Legend.

I met him once and as I recall he never used a release as far as most of his kills with the compound.
He still shoots fingers. After a longtime alliance with Hoyt then Reflex then Hoyt when Reflex was discontinued he went to Bear Archery last season. I listened to a podcast when they were making the announcement. He was going with the Alaskan and one of the higher end models.

True, but he started very simple and paid his own way.. His eventual success gave him access no doubt, but he's lived this life his whole life. No social media, no anything except maybe a magazine article.
Far and away different than today. Speaking of which he still does most of his hunting solo. He broke the blacktail record twice on the same trip this last year. You can follow him on Instagram.

Legend.

I have a signed copy of Life At Full Draw that was a gift from my brother. Chuck sacrificed a lot to have the success he’s had. It’s been awhile since I’ve read that one, but it’s a more impactful story than the usual tips and tactics books frequently name dropped on hunting forums, at least imo.

Back