• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 for 1 with xop

Steve 48819

Bought a xop vanish, cut the i-beam in half. The seat gave me 1 nice platform, but cutting the base down gave me a super nice platform with great pivot points. Still have enough base to maybe make a 3rd but not sure. Cost of xop vanish $159 Cost of 2 predator platforms $360

Bought a xop vanish, cut the i-beam in half. The seat gave me 1 nice platform, but cutting the base down gave me a super nice platform with great pivot points. Still have enough base to maybe make a 3rd but not sure. Cost of xop vanish $159 Cost of 2 predator platforms $360

Take some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see this because I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

Ditto here as I was planning to do the same thing before next season. I would really be interested in knowing what you used to make the cuts with, and in seeing where you cut the base and if you felt the need to use anything to reinforcement it...Thanks!

I just got a batwing in the mail today to to convert the seat post of a LW assaut to a platform.I never though of cutting the post in half and using the platform and a second platform.

Did you put a bolt through the platform to stop it on the post?If so,how did you get a drill in there to do that?

Great job! Looks amazing! I’d love to know your opinion about it after a few sits, especially if there’s any play or give on the bigger one?

Thinking of trimming it down 1 section have to measure

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

IfI were you, I would NOT trim it down! You have two different platforms, each serves a purpose. Use the small one for going deep and when you need light weight. Use the lazy boy for those all day swings. You will be glad you did.

I did the same thing, I cut my base vanish one more section smaller than yours. My brother has the predator and if you cut it one more it is the same size.

Did you cut the I-beam in half?

I did the same thing, I cut my base vanish one more section smaller than yours. My brother has the predator and if you cut it one more it is the same size.

Did you cut the I-beam in half?

Yes i-beam cut in half

Yes i-beam cut in half

for the base of the stand (the bigger platform), how were you able to keep the stand in a up right position without falling or folding all the way down since the original hole sits lower? Did you add spacers?

I just mod mine with an adjustable amsteel bridge, like what would be on a phantom.

for the base of the stand (the bigger platform), how were you able to keep the stand in a up right position without falling or folding all the way down since the original hole sits lower? Did you add spacers?

I just mod mine with an adjustable amsteel bridge, like what would be on a phantom.

Could you guys add more pictures of your set up? I just ordered an XOP stand and I'm going to attempt to do the same. Thanks for the encouragement!

Could you guys add more pictures of your set up? I just ordered an XOP stand and I'm going to attempt to do the same. Thanks for the encouragement!

Send me your #, I'll text you images, when I try to upload my pics it says file is too large

Back