• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 Step Amsteel Aider Adjustment

chutto12

I tried my amsteel aiders from EWO yesterday, and the step was a little too long for me so as of now they are unusable. Is there any way to adjust the step length. If not, I'll list them for sale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

have you worked with amsteel before? I've been able to pull/undo splices before but it can be a bit tricky. If you're able to undo the splices, then you can just resplice to whatever length you want. Even if you haven't done it before, take a peek at you tube and you'll see it's super simple.

have you worked with amsteel before? I've been able to pull/undo splices before but it can be a bit tricky. If you're able to undo the splices, then you can just resplice to whatever length you want. Even if you haven't done it before, take a peek at you tube and you'll see it's super simple.
I was unsure if you could undo the splice or not. I actually reached out to DanO at EWO, and he told me to just send them back in and they would rework them. Awesome customer service from both DanO and The Amsteel Guy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just made a 3 step rope aider for my ridge runner. It was pretty easy to make if you are ok with knot tying. I used one of those super Chinese 8mm static climbing ropes from Amazon cost like $15. I don’t see how amsteel would be any better

I just made a 3 step rope aider for my ridge runner. It was pretty easy to make if you are ok with knot tying. I used one of those super Chinese 8mm static climbing ropes from Amazon cost like $15. I don’t see how amsteel would be any better

Amsteel is waaay lighter, waaaay less bulky, and probably stronger (all splices, no knots). If you make them yourself I doubt it's any more expensive too. YMMV

Ha. I just use search via google. Most new threads are repeats of questions that have already been answered. Though yesterday trying to find the original thread on carbon bolts was a challenge since the title was "Entire setup...5.25 lbs" That one was a challenge!

I have thought about trying to make a google sheet product list, but have never moved forward with the idea.

Ha. I just use search via google. Most new threads are repeats of questions that have already been answered. Though yesterday trying to find the original thread on carbon bolts was a challenge since the title was "Entire setup...5.25 lbs" That one was a challenge!

I have thought about trying to make a google sheet product list, but have never moved forward with the idea.
You truly are a beast bro. It's fun to see you cross-referencing all over the place. :D

Back