• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2 tether climbing

WV Mountaineer

I’ve been researching this and I gotta say between East Tennessee DIY, red beard, and a fella named Scott, I’m sold. I’ve watched the videos supplies here and on you tube on how to climb with it. I have sewing skills. And I have the material to make this stuff. What I don’t have is the knowledge of how to configure it.

I have yet to see a video on putting it all together for the first time, where and why I need to hook the leg strap. And, I can’t get a good look onwhy I need an adjustable bridge to.

I appreciate if anyone knows where I can find a resource to show me these things. Thanks again guys and God Bless.

So, thats all of the stuff that is really body size/shape dependent. Where the leg loop feels most comfortable and is most efficient is very specific to you. Hell, you might not even like the leg loop. Those things just have to be felt out.

From what I have experienced, a short bridge is optimal for most climbing methods. Give you more room to work with your hands. Same goes for this method. But, once set up, a longer bridge is typically more comfortable. That is why an adjustable bridge is preferred.

So, I should follow the tutorial you have on you tube, build the tethers and see how they work without the leg band? And go from there?

is there a tutorial that shows in decent detail of how to hook the leg band up if I decide to try it?

Not yet, but im sure one of us can put one together!
I think the tutorial is a good one, but just remember to take your comfort level and risk adversity into consideration. Yep, I think try it without the leg loop and see what you think!

Ok. Gonna make up some this weekend and give it a try. I’ll check back in and let you know what I think. I subscribed on you tube. Found a few answers and also saw a video of you climbing without the band. Who knows, for what I want it for, I may decide to for go the band. Thanks again.

Should be trying this a little more, failed at a lot this year because of plantar fasciitis. A whole deer season and still having some pain, now to mend and be ready for next season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

All diy. However, Jerry and red beard have made it easy. Check out you tube. Look up Jerry Grose. Subscribe. He’s a tester. Dude try’s all this stuff himself. He’s a diy at heart from what I can tell. And, gives everything an honest try. Plus, he kills stuff while doing it. So, it’s not all about tinkering.

watch his two tether videos, he breaks it down pretty good. Then ask him if you have any questions.

Great guy.

Their are a couple other videos climbing with two tethers where they don't use a leg strap at all. They just sit back in their saddle and raise the foot tether.

Their are a couple other videos climbing with two tethers where they don't use a leg strap at all. They just sit back in their saddle and raise the foot tether.
And its very doable. The leg loop just adds another level of stability that an oldtimer like me can really use. Plus, it gives you a bit more height on each move.

It looks like in Scott Adkins video he's using a DIY foot sling. Has anyone tried a commercially made version? I've done a bit of research but have not found one that stands out. It looks like they are used in the arborist and the rock climbing industries.

It looks like in Scott Adkins video he's using a DIY foot sling. Has anyone tried a commercially made version? I've done a bit of research but have not found one that stands out. It looks like they are used in the arborist and the rock climbing industries.

I have two of these in route from Moosejaw. I figure I could incorporate these with two separate tethers. I am idea guy and not so much of a make it myself guy. Especially during the winter when its dark when I get home from work.
Metolius Easy Aider

PAAAAAPHMFJOANOOx1012245_zm.jpg

@wingnut - here's an option that is a little bulkier, but has great foot comfort, and it's made in the USA:

Weaver Arborist Ascender Foot Loop

Looks like a nice foot sling. Are you thinking one on each foot, y'd together on one tether or a seprate foot tethers. I looked at the weaver and it looks like it would be comfortable. I think it says it has a rubberized coating, so it should stay on your foot but the orange color is a deal breaker.

Funny thing is my brother and I agree, go orange, it helps other know you are not a target, then put it away when you are at hunting height.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back