• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

20% off Orvis, includes Crispi boots

MEMDAYFP gets you 20% off at Orvis. They sell Crispi Nevada's $30 cheaper than anywhere else so I just got a pair $114 under list price. They also sell the Valdres if your looking for a new pair @BTaylor.
I prolly should get another pair because by the time I need them, they wont be available anymore just sure as any thing.

MEMDAYFP gets you 20% off at Orvis. They sell Crispi Nevada's $30 cheaper than anywhere else so I just got a pair $114 under list price. They also sell the Valdres if your looking for a new pair @BTaylor.
Too bad they don’t have 15s I have order directly from crispi , guess I’m back to waiting on that Father’s Day sale

Or get them footsies trimmed up to fit a smaller boot. I mean what are toes good for other than stubbing anyway. :p
Don’t you know it! People are like man it must be awesome being that tall….. hmmmmmm try buying shoes, pants, bows & being right at the top of all those weight ratings……. Livin the dream! The real problem is I’m actually about a 14 1/2 so I can do 14 in a lot of things depending on how they are sized. Miles in improper fit boots is brutal though.

Don’t you know it! People are like man it must be awesome being that tall….. hmmmmmm try buying shoes, pants, bows & being right at the top of all those weight ratings……. Livin the dream! The real problem is I’m actually about a 14 1/2 so I can do 14 in a lot of things depending on how they are sized. Miles in improper fit boots is brutal though.

I got a sample of this guys problems trying to help him pick arrows for his new Trad bow. Imagine how hard it is to buy arrows (let alone tune them) when you have a 32" draw length!

By the way, still haven't seen pics of that new bow in the trad section @Bigterp ;)

Sell me Crispi over Kenetrek… someone help me save some money. Was just about to order the Kenetrek Hardscrambers but I was also looking at the Crispi Valdres

Sell me Crispi over Kenetrek… someone help me save some money. Was just about to order the Kenetrek Hardscrambers but I was also looking at the Crispi Valdres

Honestly, order them both and send back the one that doesn't fit as well. I've been through 3 or 4 pair of boots trying to find the one that fits the best. There's a small chance the Nevada's will go back after I wear them around the house but, they don't ship until July so I will be running out of time by then. The Valdres were in stock now, at least in my size.

I cant make a comparison for you because I have never worn or even tried on the Kenetrek. If the Crispi fits your foot, it will be a great boot for you. Mine were as comfortable at 300 feet as they are at well over 300 miles now. For me, no break in at all. The Valdres, again for me, is the perfect balance of stiffness for steep climbing and still all day flat ground comfortable to walk in. I could easily wear them as an everyday boot. It is all going to come down to fit though.

I cant make a comparison for you because I have never worn or even tried on the Kenetrek. If the Crispi fits your foot, it will be a great boot for you. Mine were as comfortable at 300 feet as they are at well over 300 miles now. For me, no break in at all. The Valdres, again for me, is the perfect balance of stiffness for steep climbing and still all day flat ground comfortable to walk in. I could easily wear them as an everyday boot. It is all going to come down to fit though.
My biggest thing is I want a bombproof boot. I had a pair of Kenetreks I didn’t take great care of. Worked in them, climbed in them, deer hunted and whatever last 3 years. This pair is only use for hiking/hunting so I’m sure they would last just a long. Hard to ignore saving 160$ dollars though!

6d7fc41d8a2f66f3eb41b7f149cdc9ad.jpg

These are I think 4 years old and well over 300 miles elk hunting in the San Juan mtns in CO plus west scouting for deer, turkey hunting and pack training here at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6d7fc41d8a2f66f3eb41b7f149cdc9ad.jpg

These are I think 4 years old and well over 300 miles elk hunting in the San Juan mtns in CO plus west scouting for deer, turkey hunting and pack training here at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What variety are they

Interesting. The Lapponia 2s can be had for 228. But they don't ship till mid July. Bummer id have tried them

Back