• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2018 DEER HUNTING CONTEST PRIZE???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chistavocat

This isn’t my idea, it was brought up in a previous post by @DaveT1963 (I believe-correct me if I’m wrong) but I think it defiantly needs to be restated.

If everyone who enters the contest contributes a few dollars to a fund we could reward the contest winning team with a 2018 deer hunting contest shirt/hoodie or some sort of prize with the remaining balance going to @redsquirrel for being “papasquirrel”, the founder, moderator, financial supporter and the man who spends his free time with tune-ups and updates keeping this site that we all love going.

Last years contest (which I did not participate but very much enjoyed keeping an eye on) had 54 participants. This years I’m sure will be much larger. A SH contest shirt/hoodie would be a great way to top off a win, along with the bragging rights!

Let’s hear some thoughts on the amount of money, the prize or anything related!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn’t my idea, it was brought up in a previous post by @DaveT1963 (I believe-correct me if I’m wrong) but I think it defiantly needs to be restated.

If everyone who enters the contest contributes a few dollars to a fund we could reward the contest winning team with a 2018 deer hunting contest shirt/hoodie or some sort of prize with the remaining balance going to @redsquirrel for being “papasquirrel”, the founder, moderator, financial supporter and the man who spends his free time with tune-ups and updates keeping this site that we all love going.

Last years contest (which I did not participate but very much enjoyed keeping an eye on) had 54 participants. This years I’m sure will be much larger. A SH contest shirt/hoodie would be a great way to top off a win, along with the bragging rights!

I think everyone should put in $1000 .....so I can retire early! Already know I'm winning.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

A little less than @bowhunterchuck , I’ll leave that up to the guys that have all participated before. I’m game

I agree, a little skin in the game makes it more fun, and who doesn’t want to win a prize?
I also think red should get a kickback for all the time and effort he puts into this site, this seems like a great way to show appreciation.
Most of the hunting contests that I’ve entered have had a $10 or $20 entry fee, I’d be fine with either.

I like it, I know on the hunting beast random guys/companies will donate to their contest. The winning team could draw straws for who picks a prize first. If there are too many prizes it can bleed over to the second place team. Just a thought.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'd rather make it a biggest buck, or coolest story or best picture or something. Scatter the love rather than just letting winners take all

I like the idea. I think maybe wait and see how many people wanna do it and how many will be on a team and then come up with a number. I think give the winners a sweatshirt or long sleeve t-shirt. Rest of money give to red.

I don't like the idea of money. It makes
People do Dumb things. Make a sh tetherd clothing package and split cost among all contestants and have us all PayPal our amount to red squirrel then let him
Or someone trusting to do the order at
End the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back