• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2020 turkey season

Nice gobblers! Were they gobbling pretty good in your area? I hunted wv the first 3days of the season and heard very few.

Well tomorrow starts the 2020 season off for us in Pennsylvania! Tomorrow is the Youth opener, then the statewide opener on may 2! Took forever for this season to get here.....

Curious to hear how other sd states are faring with the lockdown and all. Anyone noticing more hunters than usual?

Well tomorrow starts the 2020 season off for us in Pennsylvania! Tomorrow is the Youth opener, then the statewide opener on may 2! Took forever for this season to get here.....

Curious to hear how other sd states are faring with the lockdown and all. Anyone noticing more hunters than usual?
Yeah it’s been pretty crowded actually, last weekend was Maryland opener (complete circus, trucks everywhere) pressure was still significant on Monday & Tuesday.

NY opener today was a wet one! I had a great experience, a dozen Toms where traveling together. Dropped the hammer on the first one to the decoy. 10” beard. 3/4 in spurs
cdf412cf2351e4f21232ded9d3923ea6.jpg

24c3e790bf1c915f47cf9e3bb1ab82d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone still hunting? I feel like ya'll have moved on to summer already and tomorrow is only day #2 here. I love the timing of our season, last year you could legally hunt until may 31. I took my second bird on the 28th! Late season gobblers are really fun to hunt!
I'll be back after it tomorrow for days 2, I hope to get on them early, taking a buddy out to try for his first gobbler ever so if I get him on one itll be all in for my second bird til noon! Happy hunting, stay safe!

It's been an exciting season to say the least. I've seen a lot of turkey's this season and opening day should and could have killed two or three Gobblers. Long story short, I thought (hoped) the throaty/ ole raspy sounding Gobbler would fly down and come to the party of 12-15 mixed turkeys in front of me. He flew the opposite direction and the three strutters and the group dispersed crossed a creek and went into thick cover. Can't seem to figure it out this year.

I need a Tactacam! The quality of this one is as good as I could do with my iPhone the other day, but this was an impressive show as is. I have no idea what they did to make the loud crack, and did not see any sign of broken wings or legs from it, but it was louder in person than the video even sounds.

Got my Tom friday the 1st. This guy snuck in behind me but luckily he circled around the decoy and came in to 20 yards. Been a few years since I have tagged out. Now the next two weekends will be trying to get two of my friends birds. One will be his first turkey or any hunting for that matter. Almost more excited about that......Screenshot_20200501-101757_Video Player.jpg

What Tactacam do you have? A lot of people poop on them but that’s decent footage for the price of them and weight.
I have the 5.0 on the barrel and the 5.0 wide angle in the field. I am impressed with them especially as the ease of use. I have the remote so I press a button and they both turn on and start to record. It does not get any easier, then upload to your phone from the app. I have camcorder footage of the kill too, but I dont have that on my phone.

I have the 5.0 on the barrel and the 5.0 wide angle in the field. I am impressed with them especially as the ease of use. I have the remote so I press a button and they both turn on and start to record. It does not get any easier, then upload to your phone from the app. I have camcorder footage of the kill too, but I dont have that on my phone.
nice man. I have the 4.0 I like it. Mite upgrade some day

Back