• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2nd Arrow - Quick Access

While my quiver isn't attached to my bow while I'm in the tree it hangs right by my pack within easy reach just in case a follow up is needed. I think it's important to have plan B within easy access.

One arrow quiver on hand side of bow. Been thinking about making it for a while, just down the list of projects

Compound for me. Want it for stalking/walking in, then once I’m in the tree I’ll pull another out of my normal quiver and nick it, leaving the one arrow quiver for quick follow up.

I've actually been thinking about this recently. A modified kydex j-hook that you could attach an arrow to and hang from your gear strap. No time to tinker right now, so I'll throw that out there for someone else to invent.

I've actually been thinking about this recently. A modified kydex j-hook that you could attach an arrow to and hang from your gear strap. No time to tinker right now, so I'll throw that out there for someone else to invent.

so just the arrow keeper rubber from quiver mounted on strap. Perfect!

If you use a bow quiver leave it on your bow then a second, third, arrow will be right there where you can get it. Why add to your movement if you get a chance to take a second shot.

If you have a gear hanger grap a piece of strap glue or secure a small magnet to it and attatch broadhead to it by point easy access. Another way I use to do it is grab a old small screw in bow hanger and attatch foam or hard rubber cut a hole and a slot for arrow shaft and tape it to bow hanger hang by point or nock end works and easy pack ability and takes up no space

Back