• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

3D Targets - What ya shootin at?

NikoTheBowHunter

Been in the market for a 3D deer target and not sure which route I want to go due to all the mixed reviews out there. So figured I would ask those here who shoot at one in their backyard. Whats everyone shooting at? Rinehart, Delta McKenzie, GlenDel, etc?

Been in the market for a 3D deer target and not sure which route I want to go due to all the mixed reviews out there. So figured I would ask those here who shoot at one in their backyard. Whats everyone shooting at? Rinehart, Delta McKenzie, GlenDel, etc?
Rinehart...but this time of year I've always worked on form and squeeze at 5 yrds... it's amazing how much your groups tighten up by going thru this type of routine. Adding five yard every week or ten days.. after I shoot at each (X) until I can consistently hit 9 in a row. Then I move to 10yrds and so on. What will happen is your shots at 30 and 40 yrds become chip shots...anyway I really hope this helps you out...good luck and hope you connect on something special this season
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

I personally use a Rinehart 18-1, but I’m fortunate to have a free access and use archery range that is owned and operated by the Arkansas Game and Fish. It has 12 stations of different 3D targets from Small raccoon up to Moose. They take great care of them and I believe they are Rinehart

Rinehart...but this time of year I've always worked on form and squeeze at 5 yrds... it's amazing how much your groups tighten up by going thru this type of routine. Adding five yard every week or ten days.. after I shoot at each (X) until I can consistently hit 9 in a row. Then I move to 10yrds and so on. What will happen is your shots at 30 and 40 yrds become chip shots...anyway I really hope this helps you out...good luck and hope you connect on something special this season
May The Magic of The Whitetail Forever Enrich Your Life

That’s a really great idea!! I do this same thing for disc golfing (putting), don’t know why I never thought to try it with archery.

I recently wore out my 2 foam blocks and been searching high and low for a more durable but fairly priced target option (even DIY). Saw a lot of stuffing jeans in cardboard or gluing foam together. Ended up trading for a few hay bales with the farmer down the road. Shot one arrow straight through 2 bales out of my compound back into my woods. Thought alright, might be a little too powerful, so pulled out the recurve and put one of those arrows back in my woods. Before I lost another arrow and took out a couple ratchet straps, cranked them down to the point I thought the ratchet was going to fail, but as long as I dont shoot dead center (between the two bales) itll stop eve my compound with the vanes still exposed. With the farmer down the road saying help yourself I think this might be my new go to target. Might actually invest in a couple heavier duty ratchets to get them even tighter. May have a guy at my work print and laminate a big ole Booner buck so Im not as intimidated in case an 8 pt shows up this fall hahaha

Rinehart Woodland Buck. Great target. Long-lasting easy to remove arrow foam. Pretty light. It is a bit on the smaller side, but Bama deer are smaller. Aim small miss small.

A Rinehart broadhead buck. It’s a really nice target. I had a glen del pre rut and was less than impressed with it.

Todd Perkins
-Regional Prostaff Manager for Mossy Oak
-Arcus Hunting Field Staff member
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like Rinehart targets. The Jimmy Big Tine deer is great.
780ceed1702f71661d23c574a5d4b422.jpg
aa6a97cd2320f6be9ec9468c5ed5fef6.jpg
93dec43753ac06dc7219e74c1911ee11.jpg
ac55cf42447f193cae7fde37112158ab.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

R&W. The company was purchased by Big Shot Targets. Easy arrow pulling similar to Rinehart but less expensive. Most archery clubs around here have switched from Rinehart to these targets.

3d enough for me. $30 in both targets and get to keep two ratchet straps when they're "worn out"
fd03cad78cde1190808ebc0402f7bd48.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

3d enough for me. $30 in both targets and get to keep two ratchet straps when they're "worn out"
fd03cad78cde1190808ebc0402f7bd48.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

I've been shooting at my Glendel buck for a few years, I have had no issues that were not my own fault.

Whichever brand or shape you choose, I’ve always felt body size is important. That’s why I hate the deer picture on my Block, and why I like most Rinehart animal targets. They have the truest proportions to the real animals IMO.

Rhinehart 18-1 and Glen Del buck 3D target.

Otherwise I attend quite a few 3D shoots in the summer.

I’ve got a Rhinehart. Only problem is the antlers are larger than what I usually see when I’m in the tree. Somehow, It causes a feeling of insecurity in my scouting abilities. LOL

I’ve got a Rhinehart. Only problem is the antlers are larger than what I usually see when I’m in the tree. Somehow, It causes a feeling of insecurity in my scouting abilities. LOL
That’s why I sand off some mass or remove them altogether and just shoot does lol

Back