• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

4" Banana Fletching????

JoyRyd

SH Member
I'm looking for a supplier for 4" Banana Fletching. Do you have any suggestions? I have a Young Burner and a 5.5" Little Chopper (Banana shape) that I can use, but I would rather purchase them cut and ready......I'm old and lazy! I've searched the interweb multiple times and I can't seem to find the 4" version????

Thanks in advance!
JoyRyd

No, but you can adjust the chopper you have to make 4". That's what I did so that the profile wasn't so tall.

No, but you can adjust the chopper you have to make 4". That's what I did so that the profile wasn't so tall.
I have a small square rod I use as a spacer on my 5 1/2” Little Chopper to get them down to about 4 1/2”. That works fine, but I was want a pre-chopped 4” banana.

Bearpaw Products has 4” banana cut feathers then Wildfletching.com has 4.5” banana feathers.
Thank you. I just sent them an email to find out if they ship to US and how much that shipping will cost. I appreicate the information.

@JoyRyd
I just traced a shield cut feather and made a template. Then used the template to cut some turkey feathers off of a Tom that I shot, this past spring. Thing is, the template was oversized by way of the trace itself and therefore my feathers came out oversized. :rolleyes: They shot fine, but were a little noisy due to their size. Then I remembered the banana cut feathers and decided to cut the back or shield cut off with a pair of material scissors. :) They turned out pretty decent and flew just as good, but without the noisy "buzz" of the higher profile shield cut. :cool:
Banana Cut Feathers.jpg

I decided to build the feathers myself. So, I ordered some full length feathers and added 1/8” square tubing to the chopper. Below are the results. Thanks to all who replied. I appreciate all the ideas!!

Joyryd
Meeker, CO

df5bcb8e193715086f522473dca78f5f.jpg

84f0b409b00aad92826f48d59361bdde.jpg

c697ec0a7da72fcd2b6eed3e992809cf.jpg

5bbcff0b1b97dc43fd17e9fe8ca6a33d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon got them I found some before but they called it a different shape which I can’t remember. Look under fantasy style feathers I do know the Bearpaw has a 4” chopper but it’s really high in the middle I personally like extreme low profile banana. Just a whisper of feather on a shaft. Your arrow looks awesome BTW

Back