• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

5 step aider

big jerr

Who makes the best 5 step aider. Thinking about trying one.want one that the foot loops stay open the best. Any body use theses.

I would either make one or get a black diamond and use hose sections and tape to keep it stiff. Climbing up isnt a huge deal without stiffener, but climbing down in the dark gets a bit dicey.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. I've tried some. And I can see the biggest problem is keeping the loop upen for decent

If you want a production one that Yates big wall aider is good...I had one and sold it as I didn't like the 5 steps. 3 step aider is the most I'd use and a two step is ideal.

Yates speed wall aider, it stays open and you can hook a string to it and move up with you

I found one on amazon. It was ok. From just looking at the higher end ones I didn’t see much difference. Now the ones on here that are more custom made are a different story.

I have black diamond I like it... I rappel down so I don’t have to fumble with the aider coming down the tree.. it’s easy getting up the tree though

I have black diamond I like it... I rappel down so I don’t have to fumble with the aider coming down the tree.. it’s easy getting up the tree though

Same here. So much easier.

Keep an eye out if you want to try the black diamond... there might be one for sale on here later today

Back