• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

5 step etrier with tubular webbing girth hitched single stick style

Wyatt_burp

Jul 1, 2019
I tried climbing with a black diamond 5 step etrier with 1" webbing loop tied on to be able to girth hitch it to the tree. Slightly slower than single sticking, seriously lighter and less bulky. I usually single stick up and rappel down. I think I found my ultimate run and gun setup.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shane6491

Shane6491

Jan 28, 2020
Williamsport, PA
Legit man! Thought about doing this also. But I been using the predator and two step aider and it’s legit also! Do you get enough hight to actually use five steps after the first set?

Reactions: bj139

Wyatt_burp

Jul 1, 2019
Legit man! Thought about doing this also. But I been using the predator and two step aider and it’s legit also! Do you get enough hight to actually use five steps after the first set?
Yeah, my backyard tree is a little bigger than a basketball and I can use 4 steps. Get similiar height to each single stick with my hawk helium.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shane6491

iamcorey

Oct 24, 2018
I’ve tried it but I did not like the space between the tree and the step. Made it difficult to get a good foothold without using my hands which was awkward to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk