• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

6 vane arrows?

William74080

Not sure if anyone else follows rokslide.com but there was an article where they built 6 vane arrows and your grouping is supposed to be alot tighter. Anyone else ever heard of it or tried it??

Sounds like someone spent twice as much money as they needed to fletch their arrows.

They do a great job at ethical hunting distances but as the yards gets longer the increased drag has a substantial effect on trajectory. I shot 4 3” feathers for a while but after a tremendous amount of testing I decided that 3 was plenty especially out of a well tuned bow.

Tech at my archery shop had one on the counter and I asked him about it. He said they are ridiculously noisy. He didn't feel the benefit outweighed the noise factor.

I did it on my turkey arrows because they have a 4" broadhead on the front, can't imagine you would need it for normal broadheads.

I did it on my turkey arrows because they have a 4" broadhead on the front, can't imagine you would need it for normal broadheads.
Did they stabilize faster or make any real difference? I shoot maxima red sd's and 125gr. Shwackers. they are pretty good now out of the box. Was looking to tighten group a little more. But sounds like its not worth the effort or extra weight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did they stabilize faster or make any real difference? I shoot maxima red sd's and 125gr. Shwackers. they are pretty good now out of the box. Was looking to tighten group a little more. But sounds like its not worth the effort or extra weight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The only reason I did it was because the 4" broad heads will catch more wind so they need the stability. With mechanicals you will just be wasting energy. I would just say if you paper tune well don't even worry about it. I think there's a reason nobody has heard about doing 6 fletch for a normal set up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Watched a video of 3 vs 4 fletch not to long ago dont really remember it to well (prolly from binge watching Netflix on night shift) but what I do remember is after watching it I decided that 3 blazer vanes out of a properly tuned bow shot pretty damn good and I couldn't see the advantage of going to more because it is simply not needed for your average white tail hunter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back