• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

750W Fat Tire E Bike- $275

Might want to read the second slide image in that link. Typically when things seem to good to be true they are.

Looks like they took the cheapest bike and slapped a battery on it. I would need way more info on components to make it worth it,

Not a bad deal for the money, considering you can send it back to Amazon and get their extended warranty for not much. May be worth the risk. Probably be ok on flat ground and small hills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did too. But when it gets here it will definitely be too cold/icy to ride until April. Somebody else will have to test it to tell me whether I should keep it or send back.

Looks like Amazon only had a few of these at the Amazon warehouse. The link now goes to a 579 bike that ships directly from Mukkpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered one. I wonder how many amps the battery/bms can handle. Those little geared hub motors can handle 1200 watts with no issue in my experience. They have some solid torque running 25-30amps.

Ordered one. I wonder how many amps the battery/bms can handle. Those little geared hub motors can handle 1200 watts with no issue in my experience. They have some solid torque running 25-30amps.
I’ve got three possible uses in mind.

1) My private parcel is small. Less than 30 acres, very dense veg and wildlife, decent river flows around 3 sides of it. Access without alerting deer is very difficult… it’s the side of a small “mountain” about 300 ft elevation gain over about 250 yards or less, long narrow field at the top about wide enough for a private landing strip, then drops off the other side to a bike path/old rail bed. That side isn’t mine except a <10acre smaller parcel… but the rest is in land trust that allows public access but not hunting. I’m thinking with the small size of my parcel I may try to access from that side next year so I don’t disrupt things on my parcel on the way in. Dense thicket/ buck bedding area is right above where I would normally park. So I don’t use that access for hunting if I can avoid it. I normally access from parking at rail trail but that is where the does hang out, and bumping them alerts the bucks. I’ve been experimenting with other accesses along road, same situation late season that’s where the thermal cover is and it’s loaded with hemlocks/winter browse so I often bump them in the dark. From the bike path would make it much easier and I could park a few miles away and take bike path from the other direction which would potentially bump them onto my property instead of away. Not much torque needed there because it’s flat, just don’t want to be sweating when I show up. Any e-bike should work. This was previously viewed as a doe harvest spot but some nice bucks showed up this year, so shifting my strategy.
2) I found a mountain bike park/trail system that’s open to hunt, not heavily used, but accessing the back early is the key, so the other hunter or even weirdos doing non-hunting recreation bump them toward me. Few miles, hilly, not as easy for a bike but if I can get back there and not be sweaty when I set up I’ll have better odds.
3)other public; most don’t allow e-bikes on the trails, but on 4x4 roads they are, and an e-bike might be better than driving back there - and might open places I wouldn’t want to drive my SUV with 9” ground clearance.

Back