• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A happy start to 2024…. Puppies

Fl Canopy Stalker

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Well back in November our male bluetick got to our female bluetick before we realized that she had started her heat… here we are almost exactly 9weeks to the day. My female Jolene spent a majority of today in labor and I can now say she gave birth to 10 puppies and all of them came out happy and healthy. The runt did have a kink in the tail and took some extra loving to get her to latch but I must say for her first litter (and quite a large one I must add) Jolene totally rocked it! Here is a cute picture for the rest of you hunting and hound loving softies like me….

IMG_9235.jpeg

Wow beautiful dog and pups!! You coon hunt with your blueticks? One of the best breeds out there for coons!!
My male has a grand night champion lineage (his grandfather’s name was Ruger who is one of the most decorated Bluetick’s ever. My female was bought from some friends in the panhandle who run coons pretty regularly but I’ve never taken her coon hunting. We ran our male pretty often when he was younger, but these days he’s my blood trail dog. If I had brought him with me to Ky last year, I’m certain I woulda recovered that deer before someone else did but…..

Look at those wrinkles. My wife would go crazy holding all those puppies
I about had to drag my wife and daughter away from the whelping box… let’s just say we haven’t slept much since 3:30 Wednesday morning. And it’s not because of the puppies but because my wife jumps up and in the whelping box any time she hears a whimper :sweatsmile:

Man I wouldn’t be able to run em like they deserve but I have always had keen fondness for bluetick hounds. They’re just too cool. Congrats to y’all and to momma Jolene on beautiful batch of pups.

Man I wouldn’t be able to run em like they deserve but I have always had keen fondness for bluetick hounds. They’re just too cool. Congrats to y’all and to momma Jolene on beautiful batch of pups.
They make great pets for the most part, they are extremely personable and loving. But any neighbor within 3/4 of a mile will hate you for having them. I know when amazon arrives at my friends house before he does :sweatsmile:

I've wanted a hound for a while now, and my weimaraner is 14 now so I am thinking more and more about the next pup... but the whole living in town/them liking to vocalize is the main reason I am wary.

Good looking pups, congrats!

Back